Mansion Suites

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Mansion Suites

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Good points and if I were you I would be pretty upset about that, it doesn't sound like you are getting what you were promised. The bad thing is that they already have your money so they have little incentive to accommodate.

These types of things are exactly why I feel the way that I do about them, there are countless examples. They have done absolutely nothing to instill even a bit of trust. I feel for your plight, it's not a fun position to be in.

We will never buy in again at the Desire Suite or Mansion level given our poor experience to date actually being able to use our nights.

Unfortunately the lesson that they need to learn is what you stated, but as long as they are coming out with a net positive (or at least they think they are) they are unlikely to change. I bet if they didn't already have your money and you could choose to cancel things would be different.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 pm

It certainly has not and will not keep us from enjoying Desire. We last visited in June but stayed in a Passion Suite instead. More of a cautionary tale (as if there weren't enough already) about buying in at those levels with very limited inventory. The two largest Mansion suites sound awesome (even thought we likely don't want to stay that far away from the beach and from everyone else) but it's going to be difficult for anyone to use them since inventory is so limited. We've heard ideas, and only ideas at this point, that they may limit occupancy to members, they may limit how many weeks per year that members can book and that they may change the cancellation policies for Mansion suites and Villas to be more restrictive, requiring full payment much further in advance than 30 days. We've heard that part of the problem with availability is that people can book the suites months in advance and then cancel just outside 30 days, leaving last minute inventory but not inventory that would have shown as available for those planning ahead.

Explorer79 wrote:Good points and if I were you I would be pretty upset about that, it doesn't sound like you are getting what you were promised. The bad thing is that they already have your money so they have little incentive to accommodate.

These types of things are exactly why I feel the way that I do about them, there are countless examples. They have done absolutely nothing to instill even a bit of trust. I feel for your plight, it's not a fun position to be in.

We will never buy in again at the Desire Suite or Mansion level given our poor experience to date actually being able to use our nights.

Unfortunately the lesson that they need to learn is what you stated, but as long as they are coming out with a net positive (or at least they think they are) they are unlikely to change. I bet if they didn't already have your money and you could choose to cancel things would be different.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby bigbill » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:29 pm

Not that anyone believed them anyways, but all the rumours about "Mansions are for Members Only" are clearly not true.

I just got an email from a travel agent, saying that they are now accepting reservations for the Mansions starting February 1, 2020.
Kik: bigbillcan
bigbill
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2018

Postby werfun » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:53 pm

Just like Bigbill I just got a email from a T/A that they were accepting booking for the Mansions starting Feb, 2020, For any details you have to contact them. The T/A reports that Mansions are a separate resort next to Desire with use of any of the Desire facilities. In that case guess that we will just stay in one of the regular rooms for much less. Can't see paying the price to sleep then walk next door to join the fun crowd. It must be an ego thing to say that you are staying in a Mansion suite, Like the old saying some people have more money then brains since we still have most of our brains yet we will just stay with the fun crowd in a regular room and have a ball.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby red88vette » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:27 pm

The Mansions are being built behind the SPA area, they tore down the old playmaker's housing. The entrance with be to the left of the Spa. There is no view from them, not sure why they picked the location, then they build the new housing for the playmaker's right in from of the beach with nice balcony views.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby FlirtAndPlay » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Saw this on the Desire site. Anyone been there yet?

Desire Mansion
FlirtAndPlay on Kasidie, SDC, LifestyleLounge, DoubleDateNation and CouplesNextDoor
Flirt_And_Play on SwingLifeStyle
FlirtAndPlay
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 18 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC LL CND Kas

Postby red88vette » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:54 pm

The sales grp has indicated that the opening is Dec 27, 2019. I ckd for room availability and it appears booked into April.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby bigdaddy84 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:47 pm

We Have reserved on January 9th, And continue to be assured it will be ready.
bigdaddy84
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 06 Nov 2013

Postby cavecouple » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:58 pm

We were there last week. The mansion was going up fast track! I spoke with the best source for real information and he assured me that it would be opened "sometime in December". The construction workers are working 6 days per week, about 9-10 hours per day. After witnessing several construction projects in Mexico, I was really impressed with the speed at which things are progressing.
cavecouple
Desire Lover

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 07 Jul 2023

Postby Dani'stoy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:16 am

If anyone is staying in a Mansion Suite let me know..I'll show up for the party! Otherwise, I'll be in my $360.00 per night ocean view room for about 3 hours a night! (Having a great time BTW!)
Dani'stoy
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2019

Postby citizenspw » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:35 am

Are they letting you tour the Mansion Suites or is that building off limits during construction
citizenspw
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 19 Oct 2019

Postby werfun » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:51 pm

I would say that for safety reasons that the mansion construction site is off limits to guests.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby CokeMann » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:22 pm

werfun wrote:I would say that for safety reasons that the mansion construction site is off limits to guests.

That and they will not let press or paying public in until the new building is completely finished out for their reveal on the soft or grand opening date - industry norm ...
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby happycpl » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:02 am

We were there in early September and based on the status of the construction I would be surprised if open in December, they were still building outer walls for the second floor then.
KIK
happycpl3369
happycpl143
happycpl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 03 Sep 2019

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:23 pm

We were told during the Desire cruise last week that the Mansion suites are booked through March.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl