Beach Bed Availability

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Beach Bed Availability

Postby Vegascpl75 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:07 am

We've never been and we're looking at the aerial view and virtual view. It looks like there are beds that stretch the length of the property along the beach.
So much of the talk on here is about the pool scene.
What is the beach bed availability like during the day. Do we need to reserve one or would we be able to go chill at one pretty much whenever.
Vegascpl75

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Feb 2020

Re: Beach Bed Availability

Postby wedesire1 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:13 am

They need to be reserved. There is an attendant that works the area that will help you find a bed. When we were there two weeks ago, we walked the beach each day (usually twice) and there was always beds available.
wedesire1
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P SLS

Postby Yeipi » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:02 pm

We just returned from RM and never had problems finding a bed. Fernando was the guy who takes care of reserving the beds and he was fantastic! He will make sure you get the bed you want. :D
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby 2New2MN » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:46 pm

We always give Rene or Fernando a tip ($10-15) the first day and he’ll find you a nice bed and have it ready for you every day. I don’t think the tip is necessary but they are both hustlers and earn it.
Kasadie - 2New2MN
Lifestyle Lounge - 2new2mn
KIK - 2new2mn
2New2MN
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 19 Aug 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Vegascpl75 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:49 pm

Thanks a ton for all the helpful info everyone.
So can we go back and forth between the beach and the pool or do you kinda hafta make a decision and stick with it.
Vegascpl75

Postby RJOC » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:31 am

Vegascpl75 wrote:Thanks a ton for all the helpful info everyone.
So can we go back and forth between the beach and the pool or do you kinda hafta make a decision and stick with it.

You don't hafta do anything - you can go/do wherever you like. Move around with the shade or sun...
RJOC
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby Vegascpl75 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:45 pm

Ah true! Guess what I meant is we go with our little ones toa big pool resort and once you pick your chairs your stuck there for the day. So there you pick a spot for the day. Chairs end up saved even though no one is using them
Vegascpl75

Postby 2New2MN » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:49 pm

Many couples at the resort will be members. One of the benefits of membership is that you can reserve a beach and/or pool bed for the entire week. The pool/beach attendants record your choice and it is yours, as long as you are there by 10:00 AM each day. We are members and sometimes we go back and forth between the pool and beach. If you are not a member it is first come, first serve. You should have no trouble finding an empty bed on the beach any time of the day. The pool will be another issue and you may have to settle for a chaise. No matter what it’s all good since you are at one of the best resorts anywhere!
Kasadie - 2New2MN
Lifestyle Lounge - 2new2mn
KIK - 2new2mn
2New2MN
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 19 Aug 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby RJOC » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:05 pm

2New2MN wrote:Many couples at the resort will be members. One of the benefits of membership is that you can reserve a beach and/or pool bed for the entire week. The pool/beach attendants record your choice and it is yours, as long as you are there by 10:00 AM each day. We are members and sometimes we go back and forth between the pool and beach. If you are not a member it is first come, first serve. You should have no trouble finding an empty bed on the beach any time of the day. The pool will be another issue and you may have to settle for a chaise. No matter what it’s all good since you are at one of the best resorts anywhere!

:L :L
RJOC
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby Vegascpl75 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:55 pm

Thanks for the info. We aren't members it's a first visit and I didn't even realize there was a membership option.
I guess we will just roll the dice. I'll probably want to party at the pool whole my partner sleeps at the beach
Vegascpl75

Postby CanadianGirl » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Vegascpl75 wrote:Thanks for the info. We aren't members it's a first visit and I didn't even realize there was a membership option.
I guess we will just roll the dice. I'll probably want to party at the pool whole my partner sleeps at the beach

We usually spend most of the day on the beach, then usually late in the afternoon move up to the pool. We have never had a problem getting a beach bed.
CanadianGirl
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada

Postby desireaddict » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:12 pm

Vegascpl75 wrote:Thanks for the info. We aren't members it's a first visit and I didn't even realize there was a membership option.

There are a few beach beds at the south end of the beach near the pool. Probably a good location for your wife to crash while you're playing volleyball.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya