Pearl Royal suite Mansion

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Pearl Royal suite Mansion

Postby bigdaddy84 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:41 pm

After a long awaited opening of Mansion , we found the room and facility including pool, playroom and rooms to be very nice.
The rooms are very nice however a few areas I think they lack,
- No sink or fridge in bar (in Room)
-Poor lighting in bath and vanity area,
- Almost too exclusive, the Dining area in mansion will not allow guests. This was however best food we ate.
- We saw very few people in this area, seemed to be designed towards clientel that did not want to see or be seen.
-Service was very sparce, not near the service experienced at RM Villa, Bars all unattended.
-There are a lot of stairs, and the bridge to the rooms over pool is extremely unsafe, when wet is like ice. I took a fall and am seeing Dr over it , I was told multiple people had fell there in the previous couple weeks as well.
-Is suppose to come with cabana at pool and beach, Not the case, when I inquired of manager as to why not his response was "speak to membership"
All in all we enjoyed our stay and would do again after 5 days at RM for wind down and sleep catch up before returning home. That being said it is definitely not up to 5 star 2500 plus per night standards. My personal opinion is, this comes from management down. If this is managers standards, that will not change until manager changes or the standards of manager changes.
bigdaddy84
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 06 Nov 2013

Re: Pearl Royal suite Mansion

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:48 pm

Seems counter to the whole value proposition of Pearl in the first place. Why would you even go to Pearl if you're stuck by yourself off in a corner of the property. Not being able to bring guests over certainly sounds isolating. If you were super rich, you're probably renting out an exclusive house or staying at a more focused luxury property. In my opinion, the whole point of going to Pearl is the people and the sexy atmosphere. I know building the Mansion was a business gamble. Maybe it will pay off???
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:33 am

We have wondered the same thing ourselves. Would love to hear from people who are interested in the mansion as to what they want out of it versus what they actually experienced etc.

I would think that there must be some market for it. Otherwise, why would they spend the money to build such a facility? But it does seem diametrically opposed to the whole thing that Desire is all about.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Hector » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:00 am

Did not stay at the Mansion but had a tour into it a few days ago. Firstly you still have to climb stairs to reach the Mansion lobby. The whole Mansion is brand new so comparing to other DP room it is much nicer. Very big bathroom. I was told on the day I toured the Mansion there was only one room occupied out of the 8 rooms. Three rooms on the ground level with swim-up pool, three rooms in the middle level, and 2 Royal suites on the top level. No views from all the rooms, all facing inwards, not that pleasant. It is like staying in a detached villa but no view. The room itself is a 5-star hotel interior, and is very quiet. The restaurant also provides breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you really wanted privacy you may like it. But if you really liked privacy you should go for a private villa in another resort and may have view. If you are a member its cost is reasonable. You have to see if for yourself if it is your choice. For us, no, we will stay at the other rooms though the rooms really really need some refurbishing.
Hector
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Postby brks » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Hector wrote:Did not stay at the Mansion but had a tour into it a few days ago. Firstly you still have to climb stairs to reach the Mansion lobby. The whole Mansion is brand new so comparing to other DP room it is much nicer. Very big bathroom. I was told on the day I toured the Mansion there was only one room occupied out of the 8 rooms. Three rooms on the ground level with swim-up pool, three rooms in the middle level, and 2 Royal suites on the top level. No views from all the rooms, all facing inwards, not that pleasant. It is like staying in a detached villa but no view. The room itself is a 5-star hotel interior, and is very quiet. The restaurant also provides breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you really wanted privacy you may like it. But if you really liked privacy you should go for a private villa in another resort and may have view. If you are a member its cost is reasonable. You have to see if for yourself if it is your choice. For us, no, we will stay at the other rooms though the rooms really really need some refurbishing.

I just want to second that. We were also given the Mansion tour and yes, everything is stylish and modern but for us the view is much more important than that and there is no view. When I'm in a beach side resort I wanna see the ocean and feel the breeze. Another thing is, even if you are a member you have to pay more than for the other rooms anyway and for us it just doesn't make any sense, especially that we don't spend that much time in the room. I guess it might work for some people who are more interested in luxury and enjoying the peace and quiet and all the other conveniences of the place, being somewhat isolated from the rest of the resort, but that's not what we are interested in. I think they kinda missed the mark on this one IMO.
brks
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2020

Postby Kman&LadyDi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:41 am

We just returned on Feb 8th.
From what we saw from walking past the mansion every day is ....
What a wonderful job they did on the Club Feb prison :shock:
Kman&LadyDi
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 06 Feb 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:17 am

From the pictures making the rounds last week, with it being fully enclosed the way that it is, it seems like it would be extraordinary hot in there (not the good kind) with the ocean breeze seemingly unable to assist.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby edunlla » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:12 pm

Thank you everyone so far for your input. We were at Pearl for the first half of December 2019. It was a drama production trying to get a tour of the Mansion. We were kept out in the commons area and never did see the inside of any of the rooms. In our moment of weakness we upgraded to the pink bracelets. I just hope we do't suffer buyers remorse any more than we are currently. We are about as big of social butterflies as you can find. We can strike up a conversation anywhere and anytime. We wish for that to translate to play activity if all 4 are open to the idea. By being in a "Mansion room" without being able to invite guests for dinners or stayovers I think that will be a letdown for us. We are common people living on a budget and we wish to mingle poolside with all the other "Common folks.
If we go home from our December of 2020 trip without any intimate connections, we will be letdown.
Fingers crossed that management will see some shortcomings and make a few corrections
edunlla
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF SLS ALT

Postby texascouple1208 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:33 pm

With regard to having other guests visit, I noticed this on the website for the mansion on the list of "exclusive benefits"

"Mansion Guest Pass (invite one couple from Desire Pearl to share the Mansion experience)"

Maybe they are in the process of adjusting policies.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl