Body Styles & Ages

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Body Styles & Ages

Postby Rookie92 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:13 pm

OK, my husband and I have planned our first trip this December. I've been reading some comments on the Forum and I'm really excited. I have always felt comfortable in my skin and walk naked around the house. Actually, I prefer to be naked. But, I'm seeing some of these profile pics and it has me feeling anxious. You Ladies are gorgeous! We have been married for 28 years and are in our late 40s. My husband has lost weight and looks amazing. Me, I've been skinnier. 5'4, 36D and 160 lbs. I guess you could describe me as soft body. I guess I'm feeling anxious because I don't want to feel like the old woman looking like she is trying to feel and look young again. For those of you that have been here before, are they all body types and ages?
Rookie92

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 10 Dec 2020

Re: Body Styles & Ages

Postby LuckySevens » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:05 pm

Rookie92 wrote:OK, my husband and I have planned our first trip this December. I've been reading some comments on the Forum and I'm really excited. I have always felt comfortable in my skin and walk naked around the house. Actually, I prefer to be naked. But, I'm seeing some of these profile pics and it has me feeling anxious. You Ladies are gorgeous! We have been married for 28 years and are in our late 40s. My husband has lost weight and looks amazing. Me, I've been skinnier. 5'4, 36D and 160 lbs. I guess you could describe me as soft body. I guess I'm feeling anxious because I don't want to feel like the old woman looking like she is trying to feel and look young again. For those of you that have been here before, are they all body types and ages?

What a great question... glad you asked. This is a thing that literally everyone that's been to Desire has felt to one level or another. There's a lot of different aspects to this. To answer your direct question: yes. There are people from 25-80 in all shapes and sizes, and they are all beautiful.

1. Part of the magic of Desire is what happens when you remove clothing from the equation. The first thing that happens is that your insecurities actually kind of go away. I know the thought of taking your clothes off in front of a bunch of strangers SEEMS like it would have the opposite effect, but you just need to trust me (and everyone else that's been): it's actually the clothes that make you insecure. You mentioned you like to walk around naked in your house. I'll bet you only notice your "imperfections" once you put on clothes and you're sometimes bothered by the way they fit. Truthfully, everyone of every size and shape looks better naked. Period.

2. There will always, always, always be someone there who is "hotter", skinnier, with bigger boobs, with perkier boobs, with a bigger dick, with better skin, with fewer wrinkles, who is taller.... anything... there will ALWAYS be someone there who is any of those things. But there will always be someone who is "less hot", thicker, with smaller boobs, with droopier boobs, with a smaller dick, with spottier skin, with more wrinkles, who is shorter... any of those things... there will ALWAYS be someone there like that. What you learn within the first 5 minutes at Desire is that NONE of it matters... like, at all (see point 1). Sure, in the months leading in to a Desire trip, we all work hard to get in OUR best shape, but that best shape doesn't matter objectively - it matters subjectively. My best shape isn't your best shape. We do it so we feel confident and excited to be naked, not to measure up to any standard (see point 3).

3. What is sexy isn't how you look naked, it's how you feel naked. I've seen people that looked like models who were so insecure they couldn't drink enough to drown their self-doubts, so drank themselves stupid and were never seen from again. They were not attractive. I've seen folks with an extra 30 or 40 pounds just running the entire party at the jacuzzi with the confidence of a thousand suns... they were like magnets. When you're naked there are no labels to show off or be ashamed of on your clothes - all your value as a person comes from you, and you get to tell the world who that is.

That's all a really long way to say this: If you love yourself and your body enough to be happy naked at home, then you're ready to go. It's probably scary, but within 5 minutes you'll be in the magic bubble that is Desire, and you'll completely forget you're naked. You'll just feel like you, the way you do at home. I do encourage you to do what we do: work out like crazy and lose as much weight as we can a couple months leading in. Again, not to prove anything, but because we like to feel OUR best when we strip down. Not THE best... OUR best.

Hope that helps - sorry for the novel, this is kind of a soap box for me to anyone who will listen back here in our "normal" life. Hope to see you there some day!
Pearl: 11/20, 3/21, 3/22, 3/23, 6/23, 3/24
RM: 6/21
LuckySevens
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 14 Jun 2023

Postby werfun » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:53 am

:L :L :L
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby Playcations » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:00 am

This should be on the Desire webpage. Lol. Outstanding!
Kik:USinOZ
SLS: Sweetestplaceonearth
Kasidie: Playcations
Playcations
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 17 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie SDC

Postby Rookie92 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:44 pm

Thank You! That really helps! We can't wait!
Rookie92

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2020

Postby tj71903 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:23 pm

Our experience is that it’s all subjective. How you feel is what matters and when you realize that nobody’s opinion matters and everyone is there to have fun and relax it’s easier to not worry and to just enjoy.

That is of course after you walk in and the playmakers hold up score cards similar to the NBA dunk contest. Your score then entitles you to different amenities. Or not. I forget.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby werfun » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Its too bad that they don't allow pictures of photos of the guest but I understand why pictures are not allowed. If pictures were allowed you would see that most of the guest are a cross section on the general public. People that you see at stores and PTA meetings in other words your friends and next door neighbors. As it was said in other posts the pictures of the resort are using models. So go and enjoy your trip because you fit right in with everyone .
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby tommer » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:49 am

MountLobos said it all so perfectly! It is true that within 5 minutes of getting naked, all are equally beautiful at Desire. It's simply part of the magic of the place and so much of why we return year after year. Again, thank you, MoutLobos!! :D
tommer
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby Mr48983 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:34 pm

In short - You will see it all!
Mr48983
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 09 Apr 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Gold17 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:00 pm

Well said, MountLobos! Spot on.

Rookie92, if you already like being naked at home. you will quickly being comfortable at Desire. I think almost all newbies embrace the nudity experience quickly. But go at your own pace.
DRM June 2017
DRM June 2018
DRM March 2019
Gold17
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Mar 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl