Ynot’s & Hot Tamales-5/5-12,2012-

For those that have signed a group booking contract with Original Resorts, this is the ONLY place to let us know when your group will be at Desire Riviera Maya

Ynot’s & Hot Tamales-5/5-12,2012-

Postby mfay » Sun May 22, 2011 11:27 am

The booking window is now open for the May 5-12 Ynot's/Hot Tamales Desire group trip ! The group has virtually all of the resort's Garden view rooms (60 of 64) reserved for the week plus several Ocean view rooms and suites. The 2011 trip ended up with 84 couples- a virtual takeover- and we expect the same for 2012.
The rates for 2012 are a little higher (remember the rates are set by Desire ) at $360 per couple/per night GV with the early booking special and $480 per couple for ocean view. That's about a 4% increase over the price for the past 3 years. Char Travel includes free transfers airport/Desire and Desire/airport.
A huge number of the 2011 group people have already booked for the 2012 trip. Of course there are always a few who simply can't make it back so there will be room for some new folks. Even with the economic troubles the past couple years Desire's occupancy has remained high. With the Hedo III closing and general economic improvement they are already seeing a big jump in future bookings and it looks like we are back to the days when it is really hard to get into Desire at many times of the year.
The 2011 trip was sold out before Jan 1st, although there were some cancellations that opened up a few rooms later. We expect the 2012 trip to sell out much earlier- and you can't count on cancellations. We know it is very difficult for many to plan a vacation that far in advance but, if you can and you want to join the party, you need to book soon. Because of high demand and the special rates the garden view rooms are only available for full 7 night bookings. The OV rooms and suites can be booked for fewer days. There is a large group at Desire the week before ours so the availability of adding days ahead of the group dates will be very limited. There should be some availability- early- for adding days at the end of the trip.
Booking, as always, is through Char Travel:
Char@chartravel.com or 215-321-4451. There are some additional early booking incentives available till June 30th.

If you aren't familiar with the Ynots /Hot Tamales group check out this trip report from the recent 2011 trip:

http://desireresorts.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1956

Barbara and I invite you to join us for a great week enjoying Desire at it's very best ! :wink: [/b]
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby mfay » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:10 am

Just a quick update on the May 2012 trip: In the first 3 weeks since booking opened up, we are already at 28 couples booked for May 5-12, 2012.
If you aren't one of those 28- YNOT ? As we mentioned earlier we really do expect the rooms to go quickly for this trip.
We know from the frequent discussions here in the forum that many of you have some doubts about coming to Desire with a group, or are just looking for a group where you will fit in. We've posted many times trying to explain what a great group the Ynot's/Hot Tamales are and we have responded to many private requests for information about the group. Of course we are happy to do that- send us an e-mail or Forum PM anytime- but maybe the best thing we can do is let you hear it from others. To that end, following are comments received from some couples following the Ynots/HT 2011 trip last month:

Hi ... we have to say you guys are a blast. This was our first trip to Desire, in fact our first trip to Mexico and to a lifestyle, C/O resort. We met the YNOTs and Hot Tamales right away. We stopped some of your members on the beach and got the entire laydown on the day’s activities right there. We were made to feel extremely welcome and relaxed by your groups. We were at the jacuzzi our first night and my wife was initiated with a hood inspection, tattoo, and body shots....its was the best reception we had ever had anywhere. We spent half our trip with your group and were terribly sad to see you guys leaving...Saturday and Sunday were rough reminders of what we had coming for our departure on Thursday. Must say you guys set the tone for the rest of our trip thanks. We would love to do the same next year but in order to spend half of our trip with your groups and still be there for my birthday we would have to miss mothers day...cant see that happening...ohhhh well again thanks for a great time. Ohhhh and the fountain ceremony....WOOOOOOO HO...lol.
- Todd and Arlene

“Hello Char
Were just writing to thank you for a wonderful vacation even though we never booked with you, Jim and yourself made us feel part of your group right from the start . Even though I was a bit skeptical at first. I wanted you to know how much that means to us and we made better friends that I ever thought possible.
Please put us on your mailing list and count us in for next year’s trip
Not sure yet what type of room we want but I think I would sleep In a palm tree to be able to go with you folks again
- Love L & Fâ€
Mike
mfay

Postby mfay » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:55 pm

It's only mid September, but just as expected the May 2012 trip is almost sold out !
We are down to 6 GV rooms (at the special price) , 2 OV Jacuuzi suites, and 2 passion suites.
All these rooms are available only to the group through Char travel.
This is a great group- read the posts above- and we'd love to have you join us. Contact Char today and grab one of the last few rooms. The yahoo group for this trip starts up this week !
Mike
mfay

Postby mfay » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:02 am

Still a few rooms left for May 5-12...............
Mike
mfay

Postby FRANCODOA » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Just looking for opinions here.
Is it better with a take-over group like the Ynots or not? We seriously considered a trip when they were at Desire, but timing just did not work out. We are typically spur of the moment travelers.

I remember landing at Hedo when a huge group was in place and we were unaware of that. First, we felt like 3rd wheels. Second, it was so packed that getting any kind of reasonable service was reserved for the "group leaders" or group regulars. Third, the group was not very accepting if you had not booked through their group.

In off weeks, (are there any "off" weeks at Desire anymore?) there is no issue finding a lounge chair or beach bed. You can walk up to the bar and get a drink and casually chat a minute. You can get into the nicer restaurants easily and multiple times. You can meet new friends, instead of feeling like outsiders amongst a group of old friends at the HS reunion.

What's your thoughts and experiences?
Thanks
FRANCODOA
Desire Devotee

Postby mfay » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:36 am

FRANCODOA wrote:Just looking for opinions here.
Is it better with a take-over group like the Ynots or not? We seriously considered a trip when they were at Desire, but timing just did not work out. We are typically spur of the moment travelers.

I remember landing at Hedo when a huge group was in place and we were unaware of that. First, we felt like 3rd wheels. Second, it was so packed that getting any kind of reasonable service was reserved for the "group leaders" or group regulars. Third, the group was not very accepting if you had not booked through their group.

Well obviously, as one of the Ynot host couples, we do think Desire is at it's best with this group ! The Hot Tamales & Ynot's pride ourselves in NOT being an exclusive group, and we've always been very successful in creating an atmosphere at the resort where everyone feels like they are part of the family- whether they were actually part of the group or not when the trip started most feel like they are by the end. Of course that assumes that you make a bit of an effort too and want to be included. Don't take our word for it though. Just read the quotes in the post earlier in this thread from some of the couples who joined the Ht's/Ynots last May for the first time.
Desire does a great job of adjusting staff and schedules to the crowd every week, and they have poured a lot of resources into making sure that there are pool chairs and beds for everyone these days. So really these days service levels and wait times aren't much different if the resort is 100% full or 70 % so that shouldn't be a consideration.
Mike
mfay

Postby Piglet&Porky » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:50 pm

I'd agree that service levels don't suffer, but I'm not sure what it is like when a group is there. I guess it depends on the group, and some are more inclusive than others.

However - at least with "organised" groups you get advance warning (on the Desire site and here) that they are going to be there. What I think is more of a problem is when 20 couples who regularly party together (and have been doing so for years) decide to book the same week.

Obviously Desire don't know that they are "connected" and they understandably have a history together which can be harder for outsiders to .....er.... penetrate :lol:
Piglet&Porky
Desire Lover

Postby mfay » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:03 am

Looks like the Ynots/HT's , and the resort, are now officially sold out of both OV and GV rooms for the Ynot/HT May trip.
There are a couple of passion & jaccuzi suites available though. And you are welcomed to contact Char travel to be put on a wait list in case of any cancellations.
We are just getting started with the September 2012 Ynot's trip - plenty of rooms still available for that !
Mike
mfay

As of 12-28, 2 rooms available !

Postby mfay » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:57 pm

We had been sold out for the Hot Tamales/Ynot's week in May for quite a while, but as sometimes happens we just had a couple of folks who had issues come up that caused them to have to cancel :( and the waiting list was empty.
So that means that as of today there are two rooms available - GV rooms at the Desire discount rate of $180 pp/pn- for May 5-12.
These are reserved rooms -only available through Char Travel.
If you'd like to join us contact Char right away- they are first come first served.
Mike
mfay

Postby mfay » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:23 pm

sold out again.
Still plenty of room for the September Ynot's trip though..........
Mike
mfay

One last chance- 3 rooms open as of 3-9-12 !!!!

Postby mfay » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:45 am

You've heard about the Hot Tamales/Ynots group at Desire RM every May and thought about joining us, you have probably also seen that the trip sells out very early every year.
But because it is such a large group- 75 couples- and it does sell out so early, it is not unusual to have a couple of last minute cancellations when the final payment comes due.
That time is here- and this year we have 3.
This is your opportunity to experience Desire at it’s best ! With special daily activities, great night time theme participation, special events with great prizes like the “special Olympicsâ€
Mike
mfay

Postby mfay » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 am

It's hard for me to believe- but those 3 open rooms for May we announced in the previous post ARE STILL AVAILABLE ! Two of those are GV rooms at the 20% off early booking rate.(Even though the deadline is long past- these were cancellations)
I know it is last minute but do you really want to pass up this chance ?
Give Char a call today !
Mike
mfay

Postby elrodh » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:30 pm

My wife and I will be at Desire for the first time May 5th - 12th, and would love to get to know the group and be apart of the group fun. We don't know anyone going the same time and would appreciate joining in with the group. We have read all that great post about the group and sounds like a GREAT group of fun loving people which is what we are looking for. Thanks in advance for any info . Looking forward to meeting everyone, NORMALLY TTR PEOPLE HERE !! Looking to make new friends and hav a blast !!
elrodh

Postby mfay » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:53 am

Of course you are very welcome to join us. We are sending you an e-mail with the details.
Mike
mfay

Postby islandcpl08 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Is there a yahoo group set up for May? We are having trouble finding it. We will be traveling with the ynots...
islandcpl08

Next

Return to Groups at Desire Riviera Maya