Catamaran

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Catamaran

Postby NKYcouple » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:12 pm

Are they still doing the catamaran out of pearl? I saw that the pier has a lot of damage to it.
Nkycouple
July 2016
July 2017
July 2018
NKYcouple
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Jul 2017

Re: Catamaran

Postby JayAndDee » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:47 am

I'm curious as well.
* DesirePearl Jun'21
* HedoII Jul'18
* DesireRivMaya Jun’16
* Temptation Feb’14
* HiddenBeach May’12
* DesireCabo Jan’09
* HedoIII Feb’08
JayAndDee
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 15 Jun 2021

Postby tj71903 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:27 am

We saw it go out last week. And we were solicited by the guys at the dive shop to go on it the same week.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby deeppurple » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:52 pm

We left there yesterday and there were 9 couples from Pearl going out on the catamaran
There will only be 14 couples in total on total on the Boat

The dive shop set that all up for them
deeppurple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 17 Feb 2022

Postby Regina Lima » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:07 pm

Could anyone describe in some detail what happens on the Catamaran trip?
I am dying to do it but my wife doesn't want to.
How she decides, I accept ...
But I'm very curious ...
Ri & Si
DP 2016-Sep
DP 2017-Apr
DP 2018-Apr
DP 2018-Sep
DP 2019-Sep
DP 2021-Nov
Miches 2023 - Nov
Regina Lima
Desire Lover

We are from: Brazil
We arrive on: 26 Nov 2021

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:53 pm

Regina Lima wrote:Could anyone describe in some detail what happens on the Catamaran trip?
I am dying to do it but my wife doesn't want to.
How she decides, I accept ...
But I'm very curious ...

We did it a couple of years ago. There were 4 couples going out of RM so they picked us up there. They have drinks and appetizers on the boat for you. As soon as we left most people got naked. We cruised around for a while then they anchored up near a reef. My wife and I were the only ones that snorkeled. You go on a 30-45 minute snorkel trip, the visibility was not that great and I was shocked at how much trash was floating around the reef. The guide that went with us, was picking some of it up as he went and when he was done he had a huge handful of trash. We have snorkeled and dive all over the Caribbean and we both thought this was really bad.

It was really windy when we went and the waves were really big. By they time we made it back the rest of the couples were seasick. I was feeling pretty bad myself. When we made it back in the other couples were done for the night because they felt so bad.

I think it could be a lot of fun on a calm day. I am not sure that I would snorkel again, but I love being out on a boat. That being said, I think we would have had just as much fun at the pool and the hot tub that afternoon. Hopefully others may give better reviews.

It was better than this this person's boat trip.

Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby Bruce&Pam » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:14 am

How your catamaran trip turns out totally depends on the group you're with and the weather. Pam and I have been out 5 times, had a good time twice and wished we hadn't gone on the other three. Two of the bad trips were rough seas. One was so bad we had water coming in over the rails. (They may use a bigger boat, now.) We were holding on for dear life. When one of the crewmen came up with his chocolate syrup, we told him to put that away and just get us back to shore. Not fun.

Another time, we had a bad group. We were the only couple from Pearl, so everyone we picked up at RM were strangers. We had to get to know them quickly. Pam and I were the only ones naked. One couple had matching bikinis they wanted to show off. They took us to a national preserve and told us we had to keep covered there. I would bet they don't go there any longer. That wasn't much fun, either.

We haven't been lately, because the seas have always been too rough when we were there. Pam wants it calm.

So, bottom line, watch the weather and cross your fingers that you have a fun group. But when it's good, it's REALLY good!

---Bruce
Bruce&Pam
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl