So you think hotel/resort electronic room safes are SAFE !!!

Check this section for info on Desire Riviera Maya before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

Postby eddieandjojo » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:24 am

....our two cents, we've never had anything taken from the room, whether in the safe or not. We've gone 8 times and just last month we left our laptop out each day and no issues at all. Same goes for the safe, we left cash, watches, etc...and no problem at all.

We've had many friends go as well without any issues. Maybe we're lucky but we just haven't had any issues. Use common sense when asking people back to the room, watch what you wear and you're drinking levels. Last month one lady had all the people around the pool looking for her diamond wedding ring for about 30 minutes when all along it was on the floor in one of the restroom stalls.

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby c bishop » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:32 am

If you are worried about losing items. Check out the web sight www.pac-safe.com. They have items that will add to the security of you items, although nothing will stop the determined thief.
c bishop
Desire Convert

Postby DoubleTrouble » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:04 am

We have been 4x and never had an issue. And like many others many times upon returning to the room, we are lucky to find the bed, let alone the safe, we are often careless. Luckily that has never bit us in the butt.

Matter of fact, we are in the habit of leaving a daily tip (cash) for the maid, with a note with her name on it. A few times we have left the cash and neglected to leave a note........and she didnt didnt take it!

Now that is honest!
DoubleTrouble
Desire Fan

We left money with a note for the maid to take it.

Postby jpman42 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:08 pm

We left money with a note for the maid to take it and she left a note saying it was dangerous to leave money out. and she left the money. We had to track her down and give her the money.
jpman42
Desire Convert

Postby read4try » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:36 pm

I took my ($25 Walmart special) watch off and laid it on our chair so me and the wife could go swimming and when we got back out of the pool it was gone, guess they thought is was some kind of expensive watch. LOL
read4try

Postby CokeMann » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:37 pm

read4try wrote:I took my ($25 Walmart special) watch off and laid it on our chair so me and the wife could go swimming and when we got back out of the pool it was gone, guess they thought is was some kind of expensive watch. LOL

Did you check the lost and found at Desire??
My guess would be that someone assumed it was accidentally left there and just turned it in.
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby nascentfun » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:31 am

CokeMann wrote:
read4try wrote:I took my ($25 Walmart special) watch off and laid it on our chair so me and the wife could go swimming and when we got back out of the pool it was gone, guess they thought is was some kind of expensive watch. LOL

Did you check the lost and found at Desire??
My guess would be that someone assumed it was accidentally left there and just turned it in.

This is quite likely. On out last morning before leaving for the airport, I was taking photos of the disco and playroom. There was a couple of workers working on the bar. I took off my sunglasses inside and set them down on a table beside one of the disco beds while taking pics. After roaming around for a few minutes, I went back for them and they were gone. I admit I jumped to an unfair conclusion and was ready to accuse one of the workers. I went to the front desk to report it, as as soon as I got it out of my mouth that my sunglasses were missing, the clerk said she just had a pair turned in to lost and found. She brought them out to me immediately. I felt really ashamed and learned a good lesson about being too quick to judge. We had our laptop and camera gear unsecured in our room the whole week without incident.
nascentfun
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2017

Postby allovatan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Husband had his sunglasses taken from a pool lounger, they never turned up at lost and found, to be honest, we think it was another guest, not the staff.
allovatan
Desire Devotee

Lost my shorts

Postby Eroticdesires » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Last year, my shorts went missing from the Jacuzzi lounge cubicles. I naturally assumed someone grabbed them by mistake and they would turn up the next day. So at 3am, I go to the lobby to get another card key in my underwear and get some pizza in the lobby before bed. Sure enough the next morning, my shorts are waiting for me with all my money and other assorted items still intact.

Now if I worked at Desire, would I ever jeopardize getting fired from such a unique work environment. My wife would wonder why I keep going to work early and putting in all that overtime...
SDC: desirelovers
Kasidie: eroticdesires
Eroticdesires
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 20 Feb 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Yep, we have another couple stories of items left behind in the heat of the moment only to find them at the front desk the following morning (well....I mean afternoon)! One was a very expensive pair of sunglasses that I'm soooo glad my wife recovered. We agree with the previous posts, don't jump to conclusions...AND most likely it will be another guest before it's a staff member.

Anyway, two items in 6 years....NOT TOO BAD.

All is good! 49 days and counting.

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby tout.prest » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:58 pm

When we were there 3 weeks ago with the Ynots, We left our beach bed, mid afternoon, and went for a walk up to the pool to get a drink. We ran into some friends and got distracted, went in the pool for awhile, played volleyball in the pool, went up to the hottub for a couple hours before considering dinner. It was at this point that we realized we had left all our " stuff" back on the beach bed about 3 1/2 hours earlier (time does fly when you're having fun :wink: ) . As we headed back to the beach to see if our stuff was still there, The new security manager, Ricardo, came jogging up behind us to tell us he was a little worried since the staff had left the area and took all of our stuff to lost and found. He even checked with my wife the next day to make sure it was ALL there when we collected it. WOW is all I can say about this level of service.

In our 5 trips, nothing has ever gone missing and I tend to leave laptops and everything out now as well.

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby BottomsUp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:14 pm

Hubby's sunglasses went missing from the Jacquzzi area during our trip in '09. We checked with the front desk and bartender. Nope.

On a positive note, our first trip was in '06 and I forgot the watch my husband gave to me in the safe. It was hiding along the very front edge. When we got home I realized this and I called/emailed the resort. They checked with the maid, room service, etc and it was no where to be found. I had written it off until about three days later I received a call from Robert saying they found my watch!!! He said he was going to have it shipped to us by registered mail, I thought "ya right". Sure enough my watch turned up at our home. WOW, were we surprised.
It goes to show you there are still honest people out there. From now on whenever we go on vacation, I alway double check the safe.

Mrs BottomsUp
BottomsUp
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 28 Jan 2022

Re: So you think hotel/resort electronic room safes are SAFE

Postby daniesyarden » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:58 am

I never think about this but still your post really force me to thing about this concept..Thanks for this lovely sharing or also gives a lovely topic...I'll definitely share this kind of interesting post with my all friends or also wants that they also try to think on this matter or share their views with us..!
daniesyarden

We arrive on: 17 Nov 1983

Postby ironranger » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:04 am

We had 5 $100 bills taken out of our safe. So Desire staff can get into the safe if they want to. Keep this in mind when you consider how much cash to bring. This happened in Sept 2012. We thought about never coming back, but decided to give it one more try this Dec.
ironranger
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2013

Postby Blackcoupleindc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:48 pm

We bring this along (PacSafe Travel Safe) and have never had a problem.

http://pacsafe.com/travelsafe-12l-portable-safe
Blackcoupleindc
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 25 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Riviera Maya