room amenities

Check this section for info on Desire Riviera Maya before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

room amenities

Postby moodybeach » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:19 pm

do the rooms have blow dryers?
moodybeach

Postby miranda » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:53 pm

Ours did.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby nicenycpl » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:10 pm

yes they all do
nicenycpl on Kik
nicenycpl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Postby CokeMann » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:25 pm

In addition to each room having a blow dryer rooms also have:
- mini fridge stocked with bottled water, Coke, Sprite and Canned Beer
- Iron and Ironing board
- two terry robes
- combo AM/FM/Clock Radio/CD Player
- one large umbrella
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby onering » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:48 pm

CokeMann wrote:In addition to each room having a blow dryer rooms also have:
- mini fridge stocked with bottled water, Coke, Sprite and Canned Beer
- Iron and Ironing board
- two terry robes
- combo AM/FM/Clock Radio/CD Player
- one large umbrella

We were there just the other day and the two rooms we in and the room of our friends did not have CD players. However, I was able to attach my Itouch to the radio for endless music.
onering
Desire Lover

Postby CokeMann » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:08 am

The CD player is a built in part of the combo clock Am/FM radio unit - unless they have changed these recently
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby onering » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:15 am

CokeMann wrote:The CD player is a built in part of the combo clock Am/FM radio unit - unless they have changed these recently

well I just returned home yesterday from Desire. The four rooms that I was in the radio combo did not have a cd player. My Itouch has tons of music so I had plenty of music to listen to
onering
Desire Lover

Postby sangovese » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 am

Where the heck do they hide the umbrella in the room? We have been 4 times and never found an umbrella in any of the rooms. Our clock radio last time did have a CD player though.
I also noticed they have pulled the bidets out of many of the rooms recently. Whats with that?
KIK: sangovese
sangovese
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 May 2023

Postby CokeMann » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:34 am

sangovese wrote:Where the heck do they hide the umbrella in the room? We have been 4 times and never found an umbrella in any of the rooms.

It's usually tucked away in one of the closets - if you can't find it just ask your maid or the front desk.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby tout.prest » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:13 pm

sangovese wrote:Where the heck do they hide the umbrella in the room? We have been 4 times and never found an umbrella in any of the rooms.
I also noticed they have pulled the bidets out of many of the rooms recently. Whats with that?

Bidets ??? Have never seen one at Desire in 6 trips.

And my wife says to tell you that the umbrellas are kept in the closet , right beside the ironing board :wink: .. (which I commonly call "Steve's clothing support system" , since my wife takes up every other bit of storage space in the room :lol: )

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby sangovese » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:34 pm

Steves clothing support system. Luxury. I usually get the bottom corner of the closet.

Yes, the first 3 trips all our rooms had bidets in them. The last two trips, the bathrooms look like they used to have bidets in them, but they are gone, you can see a spot where the bidet should be, but no bidet. Last time you could see where they tiled over the bidet hook ups.
Interesting you have never had a room with a bidet, guess we got extra lucky in the past.
Robert.
KIK: sangovese
sangovese
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 May 2023

Postby texascpl2 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:35 am

tout.prest wrote:And my wife says to tell you that the umbrellas are kept in the closet , right beside the ironing board :wink: .. (which I commonly call "Steve's clothing support system" , since my wife takes up every other bit of storage space in the room :lol: )

Steve

We don't remember Steve wearing clothes so I am guessing the "clothing support system" was not used very much.

:) Bonnie and Gordon
texascpl2
Desire Convert

Postby chonobob » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 am

sangovese wrote:Steves clothing support system. Luxury. I usually get the bottom corner of the closet.

Yes, the first 3 trips all our rooms had bidets in them. The last two trips, the bathrooms look like they used to have bidets in them, but they are gone, you can see a spot where the bidet should be, but no bidet. Last time you could see where they tiled over the bidet hook ups.
Interesting you have never had a room with a bidet, guess we got extra lucky in the past.
Robert.
We had rooms with bidets and a bathtub, but only for our first two trips. Wish they still had the bidets.
chonobob
Desire Fan

Postby tout.prest » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:46 am

texascpl2 wrote:
tout.prest wrote:And my wife says to tell you that the umbrellas are kept in the closet , right beside the ironing board :wink: .. (which I commonly call "Steve's clothing support system" , since my wife takes up every other bit of storage space in the room :lol: )

Steve

We don't remember Steve wearing clothes so I am guessing the "clothing support system" was not used very much.

:) Bonnie and Gordon

:lol: :lol: .....Hi guys !! Just shows you how adaptable I can be eh ? lol

As you know , I was just happy I had anywhere to put my stuff since we weren't as blessed as some people that had 'wall to wall' cabinetry and a shower for 6 :wink: ..........

Hope your havin a great summer !

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby Bacchus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 am

Looking for an update. Are there still iPod / iTouch players in the rooms. Last input was about a year ago. Thanks in advance.
Bacchus

Next

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Riviera Maya