Desire Cruise Venice to Rome May 2023

Discussions and Trip Reports related to Desire Cruises

Re: Desire Cruise Venice to Rome May 2023

Postby JimBob » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:15 pm

Wife and I are thinking of booking. It's her dream to visit the Adriatic and this cruise best fits what 're looking for (locations and timing are perfect). Question - does anyone think not being in the LS will be an issue when on a cruise? We have been to Hedo on the nude side (and loved the week there) and definitely enjoy a nude beach so being in this setting isn't a problem but wonder if we'll be bored with a lack of other activities. I wouldn't think so, but it doesn't look like there are a lot of other activities besides the pool (love the pool), some of the workshops, and the disco. Thoughts?
JimBob

Will be at: Desire Pearl

Postby The J's » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:51 am

We did the Desire Med cruise back in 2019 and head to Greece in a few weeks for that Desire cruise. We are also booked for every upcoming cruise outside of the ones that are during the winter (kids are home at that time).

I can say that you would be just fine! There are plenty of people not in the LS on the cruise and there is always stuff going on. It's very similar to a regular cruise... just with naked people in certain areas and times. You can DM me if you have more specific questions.
KIK: JLCLV
The J's
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 14 Aug 2020

Postby landw2 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:53 pm

JimBob wrote:Wife and I are thinking of booking. It's her dream to visit the Adriatic and this cruise best fits what 're looking for (locations and timing are perfect). Question - does anyone think not being in the LS will be an issue when on a cruise? We have been to Hedo on the nude side (and loved the week there) and definitely enjoy a nude beach so being in this setting isn't a problem but wonder if we'll be bored with a lack of other activities. I wouldn't think so, but it doesn't look like there are a lot of other activities besides the pool (love the pool), some of the workshops, and the disco. Thoughts?

We had the same question prior to going on our first LS cruise (not being in the LS then) and found that it was not an issue. Just let couples know up front that you are not in the LS and you'll be fine. Worst case is when a couple "acts" like they are and then when the time comes to move forward, only then do they let the other couple know they are not. It's a time waster for those looking for couples to hook up with. But there will be plenty of couples to chat and mingle with without expectations.

As far as activities, keep in mind that most European cruises are in ports almost everyday so no lack of keeping yourself entertained. And the evenings fly by time you do drinks, dinner, drinks/dancing and the show.
SLS Kas SDC LandW2

Pearl Mar 5 and Oct 10 2024
French Riviera and Greece/Turkey Desire cruises 2024
landw2
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie SDC

Postby dirtywolf8 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:13 am

Hello Everyone!

My Fiance and I are thinking of doing this cruise as part of our honeymoon. We get married in early May and we loved our time at Pearl a couple years back. We are thinking of doing the cruise as part of a greater European Trip that includes timein Portugal, Spain and France. The only question is would it be better to do the cruise at the begining, or save it for the end of the trip? anyone else tacking on a few other destinations to the cruise? would love to meet up with some people! Also, we are both 31 years old. Not that it matters, but do you generally see people our age at this particular cruise? We found Pearl to have a nice mix of age groups.
dirtywolf8

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 19 Jan 2021

Postby IndoSwissCouple » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:17 pm

Hello beautiful people

We are about to book a trip to this cruise and available for advance chat to discuss plans and good time ahead.
Would happy to connect with like minded couple or individuals.

Thank you in advance.
IndoSwissCouple

We are from: Switzerland
We arrive on: 02 May 2023

Postby SlothWyntir » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:26 am

IndoSwissCouple wrote:Hello beautiful people

We are about to book a trip to this cruise and available for advance chat to discuss plans and good time ahead.
Would happy to connect with like minded couple or individuals.

Thank you in advance.

Glad to see more people jumping in. Have you gone to any resorts here in Europe? We just moved to Sicily a few months ago and are not finding much in way of clubs or resorts, other than Cap D'Agde which we have heard mix things about for Americans going.
SlothWyntir
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 15 Nov 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: swinglifestyle

Postby IndoSwissCouple » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:27 am

Thank you, SlothWyntir

Club we are visiting locally here in Basel.
http://www.club-history.ch/en/index.php

Kindly let me know if I can PM you to discuss it further.

Thx
IndoSwissCouple

We are from: Switzerland
We arrive on: 02 May 2023

Postby SlothWyntir » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:28 am

IndoSwissCouple wrote:Thank you, SlothWyntir

Club we are visiting locally here in Basel.
http://www.club-history.ch/en/index.php

Kindly let me know if I can PM you to discuss it further.

Thx

Sure thing.
SlothWyntir
Desire Convert

Postby Johnwal » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:40 pm

Just got the email confirming that the cruise will sail from the Venetian Lagoon at Chiaggio, which is someway outside Venice.

Has anyone been to the Port or sailed from there? Wondering whether to book a hotel in Chiaggio to be closer or if its easy to get from Central Venice to the port on a water bus or the People Mover they talk about? What time does boarding usually take place on these cruises?

Just wondering what other are doing especially if there was going to be a meet and greet the night before. We also want to see bits of Venice whilst there so it seems a trade off between staying in the city and travelling to the Ship or staying near the port and travelling into Venice to sightsee.
kik:johnwal09
Pearl, Cruise ,RM & GM vetrans
next trip..who knows..Depends if Premier answer emails!!
Johnwal
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: fabswingers

Postby SlothWyntir » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:04 am

Johnwal wrote:Just got the email confirming that the cruise will sail from the Venetian Lagoon at Chiaggio, which is someway outside Venice.

Has anyone been to the Port or sailed from there? Wondering whether to book a hotel in Chiaggio to be closer or if its easy to get from Central Venice to the port on a water bus or the People Mover they talk about? What time does boarding usually take place on these cruises?

Just wondering what other are doing especially if there was going to be a meet and greet the night before. We also want to see bits of Venice whilst there so it seems a trade off between staying in the city and travelling to the Ship or staying near the port and travelling into Venice to sightsee.

We have not booked anything yet but will most likely will be in Venice Sunday to Wednesday and then stay at Chiaggio Wednesday night. The ferry runs every 30 mins in the afternoon and is an easy bus ride or taxi from Venice.
SlothWyntir
Desire Convert

Postby sw99husband » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:00 am

Hi

We are a couple from Dubai, looking to meet friendly sexy couples for fun...
sw99husband

We are from: United Arab Emirates
We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby Johnwal » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:32 am

We've gone ahead and booked a hotel in Chiaggio for the two nights before, gives us chance to get into Venice for the day and hopefully will cover wherever the meet and greet is the night before. It should be a breeze getting to the terminal in the morning without stressing too much! We've also booked a night In Rome at the end so we can make a whistle stop tour of all our favourite sights in the City before heading home.

As for those asking about being non LS on the cruise. We actually took the step into the Lifestyle whilst at Pearl on our first visit because the atmosphere leant itself to it and we had talked about it incessantly leading up to the trip. We met so many non LS and LS people there who we still keep in contact with despite us being in the UK and those people being in the US and Canada. On most occasions when meeting people, the subject of the lifestyle didn't even arise until a long way into the conversation. It just wasn't why we spoke to people, when it did arise some said they were and some weren't, it made no difference to the conversation or the fun times we had partying with them.

Not everyone is there just to hook up, making friends, enjoying company and partying is the main reason. In our case if we meet a lovely couple whom we click with, things tend to happen naturally. Nobody judges anyone and no always means no. Nobody will get annoyed because they've spent the evening with you only to find you're non LS, it's the company that matters before anything else. There's few activities just for LS couples, most are for everyone. So enjoy and don't worry about that side.

Look forward to meeting you all there
kik:johnwal09
Pearl, Cruise ,RM & GM vetrans
next trip..who knows..Depends if Premier answer emails!!
Johnwal
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: fabswingers

Postby srk » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:29 am

My wife and I are planning on this cruise as our first lifestyle cruise. We have been open for many years and have been on a vanilla cruise, but this is our first swinger cruise.

Like others here we will be traveling in Italy before and after, and are interested to find out if there are pre-cruise events. Maybe we will have to plan one ourselves!
SLS: MountainSteve
Desire Venice-Rome May 2023
srk

Swing Site(s) we belong to: Swinglifestye

Postby landw2 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:14 pm

srk wrote:My wife and I are planning on this cruise as our first lifestyle cruise. We have been open for many years and have been on a vanilla cruise, but this is our first swinger cruise.

Like others here we will be traveling in Italy before and after, and are interested to find out if there are pre-cruise events. Maybe we will have to plan one ourselves!

We've been on several Mediterranian lifestyle cruises and have attended pre-arranged pre-cruise events put together by our travel agent. While nothing is official yet, I wouldn't be surprised to find similar plans for the Venice to Rome cruise. If there is one being planned, we will be doing it as they never cease to amaze us.
SLS Kas SDC LandW2

Pearl Mar 5 and Oct 10 2024
French Riviera and Greece/Turkey Desire cruises 2024
landw2
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie SDC

Postby srk » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:04 pm

Thanks LandW!

We will certainly be planning to stay near the port the night before, and hope for an event while planning to enjoy ourselves whatever happens.

If there is an event is it generally just the night before? Or more than that? Or maybe specific events associated with some travel agents?
SLS: MountainSteve
Desire Venice-Rome May 2023
srk

Swing Site(s) we belong to: Swinglifestye

PreviousNext

Return to Desire Cruises