Cabfare to ??????? Or private transportation????

Check this section for info on Desire Riviera Maya before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

Cabfare to ??????? Or private transportation????

Postby nekkidcouple1964 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:45 pm

I think it would be great for a sticky message that listed some of he probable cab rates to different places.

Cancun?
Puerto Morelos?
Xcaret?
XelHa?

Also, tips on booking private transportation. I was thinking that getting a guide that would hang out an wait for you all day would be a great group trip.

:D
nekkidcouple1964
Desire Fan

We are from: USA

Postby CokeMann » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Taxi To/From: Cancun Hotel Zone (& Clubs) approx $45 USD

Taxi To/From: Puerto Morelos approx $25 USD

Taxi To/From: Xcaret or XelHa approx $80 - usually cheaper to rent a car for the day - even cheaper when shared with another couple
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Yankeefan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:57 am

What are the rates for a cab ride from the beach to the poll and back to our room? There are times when we could use one!
YF :lol:
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:33 am

YF - LOL!!! I hear ya!!! I'm sure Mrs. YF would have no trouble getting help if needed. However, us guys need to work it alot harder!

Too bad you guys aren't going at the end of this month instead of the middle part! So, what's the countdown......in hours and minutes?

Eddie & Jojo
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Rental Car

Postby nekkidcouple1964 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:09 pm

Just an additional FYI.

I always use AVIS to rent cars in the states and used them in Cancun last trip out of the Moon Palace. I got a ride to and from the rental office from AVIS but had trouble contacting them when I was in town so that messed things up a bit. Only a minor hassle and the car was useful for our Chichen Itza trip.

This year I am getting a car form AVIS again but from the Secrets Silver Sands Hotel. This is a new resort right down the beach from Desire. It just opened. Silvina confirmed it for me. I can walk over and do the paperwork for my car at my leisure and the same for drop off.

I had no trouble driving in Mexico and the VISA card is supposed to have insurance. I'd hate to be in an accident and have that to deal with. But it is just easier to drive myself to Xcaret or Puerto Morelos.
nekkidcouple1964
Desire Fan

Postby PuertoMorelosFrank » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:42 pm

The official published rates are
Cancun - 320 pesos
Puerto Morelos - 90 pesos
Xcaret - 440 pesos
XelHa - 670 pesos
Playa del Carmen - 320 pesos
Airport - 310 pesos

I have the complete list if anyone wishes additional destination fares.
PuertoMorelosFrank

Postby beachmann » Wed May 06, 2009 5:48 pm

Is the Taxi fare from the airport to Desire more than from the resort to the airport. Heard there was an airport tax tied to your taxi ride to the resort. Just wanting to know what round trip taxi fare would be. Thanks
beachmann

Postby CokeMann » Wed May 06, 2009 6:35 pm

beachmann - if you get a private car (taxi) from the kiosk inside the terminal, the flat rate (one way) to Desire is $60 USD. This fee can't be negotiated and you cannot just hail a taxi outside the terminal - you have to prepay at the kiosk inside

If you had Desire call a local taxi to take you back the airport the published official rate is 310 MXP - translated expect to pay about $35 USD which includes a very decent tip
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby beachmann » Fri May 08, 2009 6:34 am

Thank you sir
beachmann

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:27 am

Exactly, we booked our January trip recently and only reserved Transbeach for the trip from the airport to Desire. We will jump in a cab on the ride back which will allow us maximum time at the resort on the day we leave plus use MXP on the return which will save us US $$ on the way back.

As you may know, there are literally 2 or 3 cabs just outside the resort waiting for people to call on them. It takes no time at all and they are usually very pleasant to deal with.

E&J
eddieandjojo

Postby desires4me » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:33 pm

can anyone please update theses rates? and are there still cabs awaiting outside the resort? if not does it take long to get a cab?
desires4me
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:57 pm

There is almost always several taxis ready and waiting just outside the Desire gate - the longest I've ever had to wait after asking the concierge for a taxi has been about 3 minutes.

Here are some current(2011) official published, one way taxi rates from Desire to:
- Cancun Center or Hotel Zone - 400 pesos
- Airport - 400 pesos
- Puerto Morelos - 130 pesos
- Playa del Carmen - 400 pesos
- Xel-Ha - 720 pesos - usually cheaper to rent a car for the day - even cheaper when shared with another couple

Note - these prices reflect the new slightly higher rates introduced this year - some taxi drivers may charge you the older prices which will be a bit less - always ask the Desire concierge what the current rate will be for where you are going to.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby eddieandjojo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:17 am

Wayne is dead on! Use pesos as the exchange rate is always in our favor. Transfer from the airport to the resort and taxi back to the airport. Taxi drivers are always very good, friendly and efficient!!!
eddieandjojo

Postby txketch » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Are cab fares the same from these places back to the resort? Especially curious if airport fare is more leaving the airport. I know that is usually the case in the US.
txketch

Postby CokeMann » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 am

txketch wrote:Are cab fares the same from these places back to the resort?
Yes - except the airport

txketch wrote: Especially curious if airport fare is more leaving the airport. I know that is usually the case in the US.
Actually taxis cannot pick up fares at the airport, you have to use the airport "authorized" transportation service - using these, a private car from the airport to Desire(one way) will cost you $60 USD. Its better to use a pre arranged transport service such as USA Transfers which will do a round trip for the same price.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Next

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Riviera Maya