Breathless vs DRM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Breathless vs DRM

Postby Craig G » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:46 pm

I'm just wondering what people think of the new adult resort being built next to DRM, that will be ready Oct 2015. If it is cheaper than DRM will you give it a try or not. Or maybe a couple of days at both places. What you think!
Craig G
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Nov 2014

Re: Breathless vs DRM

Postby Hughmcs » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:25 pm

It would depend on the definition of "adult". We are very happy with the couples only restriction at Desire having experienced pushy single guys at club scenes. The fact that a resort is classified as "adult" doesn't necessarily mean that they will have a nude pool, nude beach or nude hot tub (think Temptations in Cancun).
Hughmcs
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 17 Sep 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS/SDC

Postby WhiteSands » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:00 am

It would kill me! Being next door, seeing on the naked bodies on the beach, seeing CC and Africa and not having one of their special cocktails, sounds like purgatory!
And I imagine, it won't be that much cheaper, have you checked out prices at other adult only hotels recently? $$$....
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby Craig G » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:27 am

I'm figuring, if it is not adults couples, there might b a problem.
Craig G
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2014

Postby CokeMann » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Personally, I don't think the prices will be much cheaper - ie prices, I expect, will be more in line with prices of other nearby Riviera Maya resorts - ie Azul Sensatori, Silversands, etc

Although in the Breathless PR material they have stated that it will be "adults only with a sexy vibe" I expect they will have no nudity permitted anywhere and maybe just one topless optional pool - if you look at their other existing properties, even "topless" is somewhat of a new concept for the group operating this new property
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Engman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:21 pm

I just can't imagine being next door to DRM and not being able to go to the jacuzzi at 4:00pm with all those fun naked people ... and it just starts there ... :twisted:
Engman
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 02 May 2020

Postby shore128 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Breathless is the latest brand of the various resorts operated by AM Resorts. As do so many of the big hotel groups, AM Resorts builds very large resorts. Secrets Silversands which is a short walk from Desire RM is over 400 rooms, as is Secrets Maroma Beach which is around 10 miles further south. We've stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach which is set on one of the nicest beaches in the Riviera Maya area and is truly first class across the board and is adult only. But "adult only" means just that - simply an age restriction. In an 8-day vacation we didn't see a single woman topless on the beach, not that we were expecting it. We also stayed at Secrets Royal Beach in Punta Cana. While there we took a trip to the new Breathless. Don't believe all the hype on the Breathless website! The resort is huge, I think in the 800 room range. The facilities are nice, but rows of literally hundreds of loungers along the pool doesn't really appeal to us. And the clientele that we saw were a typical age range one would see at a big all-inclusive - 20's up to 70's and no different than what we saw at either of the Secrets Resorts. The models on its website and its target market is not exactly what we saw there in our admittedly brief visit. The point is that while I'm sure Breathless will be a nice resort (and from our experience AM Resorts has some top-shelf resorts) I wouldn't expect even a topless optional pool. You may see some topless on the beach, but as Breathless will likely draw a predominantly US and Canadian clientele, I doubt you would even see much of that. It simply won't be comparable in any way to the Desire experience or even Temptations for that matter. We went to Secrets Maroma Beach with another couple and may return at some point as the beach and facilities were outstanding, however; I couldn't bear to go to a resort right next to Desire RM or Desire Pearl. It would be torture!
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

information about the new resort being built next to DRM

Postby BRcouple » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:51 am

Can anyone give us information about the new resort being built next to the DRM? It will be a hotel for couples only? The hotel will also have nudist area on the beach? Will also be for lifestyles?
:BRA
BRcouple
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 15 May 2014

Re: information about the new resort being built next to DRM

Postby Powderfinger » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:20 pm

BRcouple wrote:Can anyone give us information about the new resort being built next to the DRM? It will be a hotel for couples only? The hotel will also have nudist area on the beach? Will also be for lifestyles?

No. & No. & No.
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023

Re: information about the new resort being built next to DRM

Postby CokeMann » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:24 pm

BRcouple wrote:Can anyone give us information about the new resort being built next to the DRM? It will be a hotel for couples only? The hotel will also have nudist area on the beach? Will also be for lifestyles?

To all reading this thread - Just a FYI - I just moved this post INTO this thread so that he would be able to read the info here and also not to have multiple threads on the same subject.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby jwellsy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:33 pm

So with this resort going right next door, will it be so close that there may be some people trying to come over to Desire? I love the couples only of desire, it would really stink if groups of single guys snuck over
jwellsy

Postby shore128 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:36 pm

While it is inevitable that there is going to be alot more foot traffic along the beach at Desire (in fact its likely to be extensive) security does not allow walkers to enter the resort. I would anticipate that Desire is going to have to increase its security detail after Breathless opens and have no doubt that they have plans to do so as needed.
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021

Postby playalovers » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Breathless is a unit of AMResorts which is heavily owned by. Apple Vacations. Their other resorts,Secrets, Dreams, Now and Zoetry do not allow topless. These are "American themed" resorts and cater to the more prudish vacationer and families

I would be concerned about the pressure this large group may put on the government to "regulate" their neighbor resort. They will have five of the nine resorts on this stretch of beach. We no longer have Desire Cabo as an option due to new development next door.

Hope I'm wrong.
playalovers
Desire Fan

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 04 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC SDC SLS

Postby CokeMann » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:39 pm

playalovers wrote:I would be concerned about the pressure this large group may put on the government to "regulate" their neighbor resort. They will have five of the nine resorts on this stretch of beach. We no longer have Desire Cabo as an option due to new development next door.

Hope I'm wrong.

Desire management has already met with the soon to be "new" neighbors and both Breathless and Desire management feel that it will work out to be complimentary as Breathless is an adult only place(which will probably will end up far more vanilla than the sexy adult vibe their current PR material is promoting).

The Azul Beach Resort located just north of Desire RM is a family resort( a Karisma property, which operates many resorts on the Riviera Maya - including HBR) and they manage to keep attracting the type of business they target, in spite of Desire RM being right next door.

Resort operators are generally more concerned about staffing, the local economy, promoting their own brand and just getting heads in beds, than trying to worry about & outmaneuver other resorts in their immediate vicinity.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby HappyKid » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:04 pm

I was looking :roll: for what Breathless could be like on the net and here is a link to what i *-:) looks like it will not be that bad :?:

http://breathlessresortsblog.com/2014/08/29/get-dirty-with-breathless-resorts-spas/
June 2019 Desire Perl
2018 Perl ,2017 Perl ,2016 Perl,2015 RM & Perl Temptation
2014 RM & Perl ,2013 Perl ,2012 RM ,2008 Temp
HappyKid
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Aug 2022

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya