Pool Umbrellas

Check this section for info on Desire Pearl before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

Pool Umbrellas

Postby cajunpin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:39 pm

First time coming to a C/O resort and reviewing a couple of photos of the pool area, I noticed lots of lounge chairs in and around the pool. Do they have pool umbrellas by the lounges to use? I hate to get burnt the first day on our white asses-ouch. :oops: . If not, any recommendation besides covering up.
cajunpin
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 16 May 2018

Re: Pool Umbrellas

Postby Beach girl » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:22 pm

Yes, there are umbrellas. Not all chairs have umbrellas but we've never had a problem getting one.
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby BG1031 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Plenty of umbrellas to go around.... All you need to do is ask Victor. He will get you whatever you need
BG1031
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 22 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Quiver

Postby TandD » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:30 am

Well, there are umbrellas but not enough for every lounger. My wife is very fair and really needs shade. I try to hit Victor up for a good spot as early as I can but it's often really tough to get a spot with shade.

More that once we've had to find somewhere else to be to get out of the sun. A good place is at the pool bar on the beach side. It's very shady and never crowded. The only problem is that the stools are pretty hard after a while. We did have a blast talking to the bartenders and learned all about tequila though so it's all good.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby tikihutguy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:28 pm

cajunpin wrote:First time coming to a C/O resort and reviewing a couple of photos of the pool area, I noticed lots of lounge chairs in and around the pool. Do they have pool umbrellas by the lounges to use? I hate to get burnt the first day on our white asses-ouch. :oops: . If not, any recommendation besides covering up.

We find the beach excellent and plenty of shade from the trees throughout the day 8)
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Pearl