Trip report early July 2017

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip report early July 2017

Postby jj555 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:13 am

Hi everyone!
We went early july 2017 coinciding with 4th of july.

Even though this was our 2nd time someone said it is different each time and that stuck with me and is true.

We had been before in later part of july vs this time with 4th of july crowd.

I will say there is a definite difference in age. In non 4th of july it felt like the crowd was 10-15 years younger on average. I wonder if this has to do with price and demand being higher therefore older crowd?

I dont know but that is the one difference is I think the peak times but NOT ultra peak like labor day, 4th july is younger crowd. This time it felt geriatric.

We will go again but have to think this aspect through
jj555
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Jul 2017

Re: Trip report early July 2017

Postby jj555 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:46 pm

I will post more about the trip soon.

We were in oceanview but had a garden room one night. It was really nice. In fact we will probably do garden room next time
jj555
Desire Fan

Postby tan44 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Thank you for your comments.
Looking forward for full trip report.
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby TheGinger&TheGiant » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!
TheGinger&TheGiant
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Oct 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS DDN

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:11 pm

jj555 wrote:Hi everyone!
We went early july 2017 coinciding with 4th of july.

Even though this was our 2nd time someone said it is different each time and that stuck with me and is true.

We had been before in later part of july vs this time with 4th of july crowd.

I will say there is a definite difference in age. In non 4th of july it felt like the crowd was 10-15 years younger on average. I wonder if this has to do with price and demand being higher therefore older crowd?

I dont know but that is the one difference is I think the peak times but NOT ultra peak like labor day, 4th july is younger crowd. This time it felt geriatric.

We will go again but have to think this aspect through

That could be it or it could just be coincidence, not enough data points to go off of - you'll just have to make more trips to gain more data ;)

It is true that each trip is different and given that the facilities and staff are generally the same each time then what makes it different? The people. It's a fluid thing, people are difficult to predict in general. I think you'd have to take resort specific things into account.

One option is to go for Sexy,Young, Wild month in August, although I have heard people say that concept doesn't amount to a huge difference, you'd think it at least has some effect, that's what they are promoting anyway. I would imagine the music choice alone would tilt things younger.

Any other way of doing it is to roll the dice and you get what you get, luck of the draw, but think about how many factors go into choosing a time to go to desire - work schedule, vacation time, kids, holidays etc... Then think about with regards to the individuals that would be going to Desire how you have no access to their particular information on those topics and would have to go to such a level of generalization that any conclusions would be suspect.

On the other hand there is another approach where you can work with some real data - to me the way to gain more predictability is to go with a group. If you know the group's demographic, then you'll have a great idea of the makeup of the people during your visit and should have a reasonable expectation of what you'll be getting (not just age but other factors as well).
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby jj555 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:29 am

You make valid points and is fair level luck of draw as to age of population.

I would say it was about 10 -15 years older than previous non 4th july time.

I simply wonder if a shoulder demand period might be slightly younger crowd?Perhaps no correlation.

I will try to post more sorry for my sucky report so far.

Part 1 dining
The dining wasnt as good this time around in the day. Felt like less choices. The japanese restaurant is pretty much the main deal. Breakfast is nothing too special. 7/10..say that since its in this place that has 0 view. I suppose iits cancun and hurricanes but incorporating eating and oceanview is kinda hotel with a view 101.these guys miss the mark

Anyway the japanese is actually really nice and makes up for it. Pizza late night and service whole time is very nice.

This time we did a day in pearl as well hung at jacuzzi the whole time. Thats the spot at pearl. You think rm is old pearl is like golden girls.
Action around jacuzzi is legit but seeing betty white get steamrolled leaves me with mixed emotions. Pretty place but i think rm is better overall including setting. They like to put marble floors everywhere and drinking with wetness. Wife fell over multiple times. Another guy fell hurt his hand dont drink wet and walk to much!!

Part 2 room-
At rm - We had a garden room in same building as jacuzzi.
It was an awesome room. Upgraded.
Others that stayed longer seemed to get the garden rooms out in the mix sorta not great location. Again conspiracy guy makes me think they are trying to reel me in on their program. The sweet spot might be to continually feign interest in their seminar.

We fell for it and took the boobs boat and trip to pearl to do it.. so that was the trade off.
To validate this you would need to go 4-5 times a year. We cant with kids and for those that can maybe its good for them. They werent too bad on the pressure past that. We didnt sign up.

I wonder if can get that same area of garden room somehow?
The other nights we were in oceanview. That room was just as unimpressive as the oceanview last time.

The garden room was super nice compared to the 2 oceanviews we had over course of the 2 trips. Weird place in this sense.

Those new villas look sweet if you can swing 2000 a night
jj555
Desire Fan

Postby jj555 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Part 3 - entertainment club jacuzzi
The entertainment is what I call 'trying hard' they really are trying.

Its nothing great but I respect that. They have some live music..about what you would expect in any resort around world. The live music is standard govt issue in that sense. Decent enough above a princess cruise.

People leading up were saying that there would be an overabundance of pitbull and while I heard that, I think bruno mars ruled the day in terms of plays.

The s&m night felt like a gay bar. S&m night is another one of those that sounds good on paper not so much in real life. Call me scrooge but it became a weird uncomfortable moment where these guys all look like they are in a gay bar are standing there wondering how they had gotten to this moment. Total fish out of water moment. I appreciate them trying as well but if not careful s&m night makes you look like the lead character in rocky horror picture show. White night is fine but a glow night would be more fun.

Anecdotal as noted and data point free the jacuzzi is a good spot. I like it for the time with wife. With 4th of july it was most packed ive ever seen it. A good thing to be sure but with the distinction of being much much older than last time. Its fine we get lost in each other.

Being able to have sex under stars on beach is a beautiful thing. It is a reason we will come back. We have enough fun with each other. Its hot.

I am highlighting areas of concern but properly navigated they can be addressed.

I heard the counter argument that when takeovers and groups that its all very cliquish. I can see where that happens as we met a couple last time we went last year that was like that. Wanting to hang with us but ' stuck ' to their group.
Just saying.
Let me know when the ouija board and data points says I should go. Im interested.
I dont know maybe feb2018 is next newest window
jj555
Desire Fan

Postby jj555 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:47 pm

nice edit mods.
Fwiw im a believer and will recommend rm to anyone and everyone ;)
jj555
Desire Fan

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:51 pm

jj555 wrote:White night is fine but a glow night would be more fun.

Agreed, we really miss glow night.

Its fine we get lost in each other. Being able to have sex under stars on beach is a beautiful thing. It is a reason we will come back. We have enough fun with each other. Its hot.

Never a bad thing!

I heard the counter argument that when takeovers and groups that its all very cliquish. I can see where that happens as we met a couple last time we went last year that was like that. Wanting to hang with us but ' stuck ' to their group. Just saying.

Just depends on the group, this is part of what I meant by understanding the group demographic. For example our first group trip was with the YNOTs in May and the experience was the complete opposite of this. It wasn't a full resort take over, about 75% I think, and it wasn't cliquish at all, in fact the lines between "with the group" and "not with the group" blurred and quickly became indistinguishable.

Let me know when the ouija board and data points says I should go. Im interested.

The ouija board says in reality there is never a bad time to go to Desire.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby jj555 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Explorer79 wrote:
jj555 wrote:White night is fine but a glow night would be more fun.

Agreed, we really miss glow night.

Its fine we get lost in each other. Being able to have sex under stars on beach is a beautiful thing. It is a reason we will come back. We have enough fun with each other. Its hot.

Never a bad thing!

I heard the counter argument that when takeovers and groups that its all very cliquish. I can see where that happens as we met a couple last time we went last year that was like that. Wanting to hang with us but ' stuck ' to their group. Just saying.

Just depends on the group, this is part of what I meant by understanding the group demographic. For example our first group trip was with the YNOTs in May and the experience was the complete opposite of this. It wasn't a full resort take over, about 75% I think, and it wasn't cliquish at all, in fact the lines between "with the group" and "not with the group" blurred and quickly became indistinguishable.

The ouija board says in reality there is never a bad time to go to Desire.

Haha agreed!
I saw the ynot group but we only can go a few days. Wbat was that group like
jj555
Desire Fan

Postby Explorer79 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:53 pm

jj555 wrote:Haha agreed!
I saw the ynot group but we only can go a few days. Wbat was that group like

They were awesome. We go back sans group in October, because, well waiting a year would be just too depressing, but we are planning to go back with the group again next May.

As for the group itself, here's a snippet from our trip report:

The demographic of the group is a mix like you normally would see on a typical Desire trip (if there is such a thing lol), some LS, some not, some deciding, but overall more social and lively compared to past trips. They had 55-60% of the rooms and within that roughly a 3rd were first timers with the group. It was a good blend of new vs experienced and also at least some turnover during the trip so it never got stale yet there was never a lull either - a perfect mix for us.

Full trip report here:
Trip Report With The YNOTS - May 2017 - 3rd Time’s a Charm

I'm not sure what the minimums are for booking with the group as far as nights go, you could ask them - the booking is done with Char Travel. Also, since it was not a full resort takeover I imagine you could book the days you are able to with the resort. Last trip we met some people who had just happened to have booked on overlapping days with the group, had great time and plan to book with the group next year.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby angieloves » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:53 am

Wife and I would like to thank all the staff and the friends we met on our vacation. It was very wonderful and a first time for both of us. Food was great, the dance place was great the hot Jacuzzi was for real and it was very busy. Also, the pizza was great at night time.

In light of all this great reviews couple with discussing the experience with the wife, we have decided to not wonder into this type of activity. Not for us. Did meet great people. Like they say, different stroke for different folks. I guess we are too much into ourselves.

Thank you all for the friendships, free views and experiences.

A&J -
angieloves

We arrive on: 04 Jul 1917

Postby jj555 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:53 pm

angieloves wrote: I guess we are too much into ourselves.
-

Thats a good thing!
We are into each other as well and desire actually reminds us of that aspect.

This time around we didnt do much talking or trying to, but we do like the sex charged atmosphere..sex on beach at night, hot nature of it all.

Definitely different strokes but we will be back ...may just go and be into ourselves every time we go. Thats fine for us too
jj555
Desire Fan

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:02 am

Each trip is about us, 100%, but sometimes our fun includes others. However, even if we didn't interact sexually with anyone else ever, a big part of the attraction to Desire is that every single time we go we meet so many interesting and fun people. Each time we have made friends that we still keep in touch with and the majority of those we have had no sexual experiences with. That is so rare by comparison any other places that we have been, truly magical. If it was just about sex with others we would be more than content with the local clubs but Desire offers up things that we haven't found anywhere else.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby tandacal » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:24 pm

We were also there in early July and were definitely one of the younger couples. We are in our mid 30's. It was our first trip and had no idea what to expect though...and found age didn't really matter when it came down to it. And younger couples arrived throughout the 7 days we were there too.
Regarding groups - we found that the people who met on the KIK group tended to stick to themselves also and then there were huge groups that came together that stuck to themselves. That being said, if anyone were to walk up and start chatting, they were welcomed right away. The vibes of Desire are hard to describe but we will for sure go back!
tandacal

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 05 Jul 2018

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya