First timers trip report Oct 19-26th 2017

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

First timers trip report Oct 19-26th 2017

Postby osilinka » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:58 pm

We are a mid 40's couple married for about 15 years. This is a first-time trip for us. We are totally new to this, this is our first trip at a clothing optional Resort, our first trip anywhere associated with the lifestyle. We are not in the lifestyle, but we are curious. I should also add, we've never been to this type of resort before but we have been to numerous all-inclusives in Mexico and the Caribbean.

The lead-up:
We booked about five weeks before leaving. Just the fact that we booked this, something so out of character for us, led to a mix of anxiety and excitement. I must admit, we got substantial value out of the pre-trip alone. Between imagining what we would do, fantasizing about same, and shopping for costumes for the theme nights, we were really looking forward to the trip. Too much so as we probably did not get enough sleep.

The flight:
We were booked on a charter which was a package deal including flight, airport transfers, and the hotel. This went very well. The charter was a Canadian company called Sunwing. We had no problems with the flight and transfer, although there was a bit of hushed discussion in the van when we got out at Desire. I could hear the other tourists talking about adults only (they were on their way to other resorts in the area). I'm sure more was said. It felt a little bit awkward as this was our first exposure to this.

Check-in:
After reading on this forum I did the online advance check-in. This expedited the actual check-in process. When they sat us down to orient us to the resort, we pretty much knew everything already from our research ahead of time. The Forum was definitely good information. There was brief discussion regarding the membership, but we made it clear we were not interested at this point and they respected that. The whole process was relatively brief and quite respectful.

The room:
We just had the most basic of rooms, the Deluxe Garden View. There were really no surprises. The room is small and minimally appointed. That said, the bed was the most comfortable bed we've ever been on in a Mexican resort. The air conditioning was excellent. The room was quiet. The blackout curtains worked very well. In the bathroom, the hot water was reliable and the shower was excellent. No Plumbing issues at all. No bad smells other than an occasional slight sulfur smell to the water. Overall, other than being small and minimally appointed, the room was fine. We spent very little time there. The mini fridge was restocked daily although all we used was water.

The food:
The food was excellent. Again, we have stayed at a number of all-inclusives in the past, surprisingly this was the best. The food at the buffet was great, but we found Sahlo was our favorite. The Teppanyaki was just okay. It was easy making reservations, there seemed to always be space despite the hotel being full. This is in contrast to previous experiences at other resorts where you had to get up early or you would miss out. The other thing with the food that was notable, there were never any crowds or lineups. This is also in contrast to previous experiences. The restaurants also overlapped very well. Lunch started as soon as breakfast stopped. We never seemed to find a time when food was unavailable. This was also an unexpected surprise. Staff was very accommodating. Anything we asked for they provided. One day my wife actually asked for a dessert from the other restaurant that she had tried the night before. This was not a problem. Very accommodating.

The drinks:
Alcoholic drinks did not taste watered down. There was an excellent variety and my wife loved the chocolate martinis and mojitos. Drinks of the day were always tasty. As with the food, staff was very accommodating.

The staff:
Completely fantastic. The best service we've ever had at an all-inclusive. It is well commented on here and all of the names that I had read about did not disappoint, plus many more! Elena and the female food staff supervisor (forgot her name) were excellent as was Africa.

The entertainment staff:
They were very friendly and tried their best. Overall we found the entertainment to be a bit hit-and-miss. The pool foam party was a highlight. Some of the shows were great, some just okay. The staff tried very hard. DD has amazing energy and enthusiasm. The entertainment frequently involved guests and it ranged from tame to extremely racy, although it was obvious that consent was obtained. We watched all of the shows and partook in some of the games. Overall it was fun, although we were always nervous.

The jacuzzi:
This was our favorite part. Surprisingly, we found it most enjoyable going during off times. Many times we had the entire jacuzzi to ourselves, with our own private bar and bartender. Amazing! The timing of the busy times was predictable, again well discussed on this forum. When busy, we found it to be much more social than we had expected. Overall we expected the experience to be a little bit more raunchy. Things were always very respectful.

The pool area:
Yes, almost everybody was naked. Some were not. We did both. We never felt uncomfortable. The pool and the rest of the grounds were remarkably clean. Reserving a pool bed was extremely easy with Daniel. I initially was worried that we would need to get up at 7 or 8 in the morning. Even on the days where we woke up at 11, we were able to reserve a decent spot. This is also in stark contrast to our experience at other resorts.

The beach:
The sand is amazing. White powder. Unfortunately most of it is washed away as the beach is very narrow. The seaweed was not bad while we were there. There was some but overall not bad at all. We were able to wade into the water and swim. We did walk the beach and we think Desire's beach is the best in the area. While there was some foot traffic on the beach from other Resorts this was minimal. We never felt uncomfortable.

Other guests:
As stated elsewhere, everyone was very friendly. There wasn't as much mingling as I thought there would be, but everyone we interacted with was extremely friendly. We never felt any pressure to partake in the lifestyle. We are still in touch with some that we met there. The other surprise was smokers. We are both non-smokers and do quickly get irritated by the presence of secondhand smoke. This has been a problem at past Resorts. This was almost never a problem here. The resort has done a great job of creating smoking only areas, and in general, the guests were very courteous.

Summary:
We really enjoyed our trip. It was unique and exciting. It brought us closer as a couple and was invigorating for the relationship...the most romantic trip we have ever had. While we expected a unique experience and some excitement, we never expected how it brought US closer together. This was AMAZING! We will definitely return, which is something we've never considered with previous resorts.
This was a 5 star experience for us.
osilinka
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 19 Dec 2022

Re: First timers trip report Oct 19-26th 2017

Postby TandD » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:42 am

Great report. Glad you enjoyed your trip!
TandD
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby JandH » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:48 am

Thank you for the great trip report.
JandH
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby SandL » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:11 pm

We had a very similar introduction to Desire a few years ago, actually, If you just changed the dates, it would be identical to our experience! The one thing that still stands out to this day (aside from the sex) was the airport shuttle service. We booked through Air Canada, and it included the transfer. We were the first to get dropped off, but there were 2 families with young kids in the van. When we first pulled up, the kids were fascinated by the crocodiles in the lagoon at the entrance, but the fathers were fascinated by the 2 tropless blondes in high heels walking down from the hot tub to the rooms facing the entrance. It was funny and awkward at the same time, we get out of the van, and one of the other wives actually slapped her husband for looking......(I’m sure the kids didn’t see anything, their faces were glued to the window on the lagoon side).

Now we use USA transfers, and book directly with the resort. Lol
Hugs
S and L
<3
SandL
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 16 Jul 2024

Postby Explorer79 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:25 pm

SandL wrote:one of the other wives actually slapped her husband for looking......

I guess they won't be going to Desire anytime soon :mrgreen: We saw a similar thing (although not to the face slapping degree) at the Breathless "topless allowed pool" (ie my wife and one other woman).

We've always had a private ride but had talked about how fun it would be if others were in there there when we were dropped off - until now, never considered kids might be in there :shock:
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby TandD » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:44 pm

I don't know if it's just us but each time we arrive and go through customs, along with scores of families with kids, we just look at each other and do a virtual high-five that we aren't dealing with that.

We love kids (ours included) but OMG, we are so glad they are grown up and doing their own thing while we do ours.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby osilinka » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:31 am

TandD wrote:I don't know if it's just us but each time we arrive and go through customs, along with scores of families with kids, we just look at each other and do a virtual high-five that we aren't dealing with that.

We love kids (ours included) but OMG, we are so glad they are grown up and doing their own thing while we do ours.

AWESOME!
We did the exact same thing. I have never been so aware of the kids on the plane and in the airport as we were on this trip.
osilinka
Desire Convert

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 19 Dec 2022

Postby JandH » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:32 am

On our first trip, i didn't realize that they brought people from other resorts onto the property in the transports. A couple that we had gotten to know was leaving and I came out front in the buff and gave them a goodbye helicopter (use your imagination).

I didn't find out that there were others in the van until we returned home and they told us about it by email. Glad I didn't get arrested.
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby yoyo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:26 pm

SandL wrote:We had a very similar introduction to Desire a few years ago, actually, If you just changed the dates, it would be identical to our experience! The one thing that still stands out to this day (aside from the sex) was the airport shuttle service. We booked through Air Canada, and it included the transfer. We were the first to get dropped off, but there were 2 families with young kids in the van. When we first pulled up, the kids were fascinated by the crocodiles in the lagoon at the entrance, but the fathers were fascinated by the 2 tropless blondes in high heels walking down from the hot tub to the rooms facing the entrance. It was funny and awkward at the same time, we get out of the van, and one of the other wives actually slapped her husband for looking......(I’m sure the kids didn’t see anything, their faces were glued to the window on the lagoon side).

Now we use USA transfers, and book directly with the resort. Lol

jajajajajaja :D

I just remember when we went to Desire Los cabos ( now closed ) we had transportation with several other couples, we were left in the resort next to Desire......for us this is quite awkward to be with others.

we waited so that the van left and walked to Desire 50 yards LOL.
yoyo
Desire Addict

We are from: Mexico
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby Dani'stoy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:02 pm

:L
TandD wrote:I don't know if it's just us but each time we arrive and go through customs, along with scores of families with kids, we just look at each other and do a virtual high-five that we aren't dealing with that.

:L Can I get an Amen!
Dani'stoy
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2019

Postby werfun » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:22 pm

We really enjoyed reading this trip report as it reminded of our first trip to a Desire Resort. We believe almost every visitor to Desire has had the same first time experience. I have never meet such honest and friendly people that go to Desire anywhere else, even in the church that my ex father in law pastored at. When we go to Desire we always go cheap so that we can go more often. That is why we use a shared van airport shuttle, on one trip there were 3 other couples in the van and of course we asked what each couple was going to and 2 couples were very interested when we said Desire. The wives were very interested in the resort so I gave them some information that I had printed off Desire website. The wives gave it to their husbands telling them to put it in a safe place and not to lose it as the wives wanted to check it out when they arrived back home. The wives then questioned my wife about Desire and when we got out of the van they said that maybe they would see us there. It is always fun to watch peoples reaction when the van pulls into Desire knowing that we are going to adult play land while they are going to a stuffy no fun resort.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby ctsoftswcpl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:47 am

Excellent trip report.
Your trip and how it made you feel is a lot of what the Lifestyle is all about even if you do not participate.
Since being in the LS we have kept in touch with more people than any other trip.
And we both have gotten much closer.
Glad you had a wonderful experience.
Doreen and Bill :L
ctsoftswcpl
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 Jun 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya