Cell phones

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Cell phones

Postby klak » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:47 pm

Alright, here's a legitimate question. My hot, sexy wife and I are going to be at DRM and this will be our first CO experience. We've been to the Caribbean more than 20 times and try to go at least twice/year but have always been to vanilla resorts. The closest we came to DRM was having sex in the adult pool at Grand Palladium last year with people around us. Yeah, I think we'll fit in alright.

So, my question.....when I'm sitting by the pool, not involved in activities or games, I like to listen to music on my phone and occasionally watch sports or read news on it. I get that this is a place to leave electronics and enjoy the moment but I enjoy that and want to have it available to me. So please, refrain from lecturing me. I'll be as fun as anyone there and will also know the value of the Dow Jones Industrial, NBA scores and what's going on around the world in case anyone needs to know. If I have a sticker over my phone camera, will I be okay or will that offend?

We've already decided to break the bank on my wife getting the professional pictures and those will fuel me for a lifetime. And my privacy is as important as yours. So, I can promise there's nobody or nothing that'd make me want to photograph or video you. You'll certainly all be etched into my memory until the day I die. No need for photos. BUT I want to make sure and play nice. If I leave there as a topic of the rumor mill, I want to be because of what my sexier than life wife and I did to make an impression while there, not that I was a weirdo picture taker.

Advice is welcome.
klak
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2020

Re: Cell phones

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:25 am

Simple, as you stated, a sticker over the camera part of the phone is all you need to do. Also, dont point the phone towards anyone, while you have taken the right step with covering the camera section and you won't be taking photos, you just don't want to give anyone the impression that you are. I use my phone occasionally but make sure it's always pointing to the floor, laying on a pool lounger, etc....
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby klak » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:15 am

Sounds good. I can be smart about it but have also seen a couple of posts that almost make me think it's frowned upon even with precautions.
klak
Desire Lover

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:26 am

I have asked people to put their phones down when my wife was nervous because they weren't being smart about it. Bottom line, as long as you are cautious as described, all good in my opinion.....it's your vacay, do as you wish.

My .02 cents.
eddieandjojo

Postby Lkncouple » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:15 am

We just got back from Desire RM yesterday. Lots of people had their phones out. They were doing everything from reading E-mail, reading E-books, playing Trivia Crack. This was our 5th trip. During our first couple of trips, I think they were really frowned upon, now I don't think anyone thinks twice about them. We saw lots of people taking pictures. There were pictures of them with some friends up against a wall or in a way that there is nobody in the background. One couple next to us by the pool the guy must have taken 100 pictures of his wife/gf ass and tits. There was no way that anyone else was in the picture as he was only about 6-12 inches away with ever picture.

Bottom line, I think if you use common sense you will be okay.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby Yeipi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:32 pm

Lkncouple wrote:Bottom line, I think if you use common sense you will be okay.

:L

While we were there, many people were taking pictures everywhere: restaurants, jacuzzi, beach, lobby... but everyone was careful with the people around. So no worries about using your cellphone as long as the people around you can see you are not trying anything that you should not do at Desire.
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby Kycouple78 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:28 pm

We have been to pearl twice. Between the two pics we took over 800 pics! No one besides my wife or myself arenin any of the pics. We were respectful as most folks are
Kycouple78
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 0- 0-2017

Postby klak » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:23 pm

Thanks everyone. In the whole big picture of things, the phone isn't that big of a deal but wanted to make sure I played by the rules. If I'm going to be "that guy" I want it to be because of tequila or inappropriate behavior with my wife, not because I'm checking the stock market.
klak
Desire Lover

Postby thetanman1957 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:51 pm

We got back from Pearl two weeks ago and saw phones and ipads in use all around the pool area. The last few trips to RM we were asked to place a sticker over the camera lens, not so on this trip. Wish they would enforce the sticker policy.
thetanman1957
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 19 Dec 2022

Postby Calicouple69 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:35 pm

Seriously people, why are we so addicted to these GD THINGS! When we're at Desire the last thing I want is a GD cell phone or iPad! I leave mine in the room in the safe, then check it at lunch, and in the evening
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby klak » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:50 pm

Calicouple69 wrote:Seriously people, why are we so addicted to these GD THINGS! When we're at Desire the last thing I want is a GD cell phone or iPad! I leave mine in the room in the safe, then check it at lunch, and in the evening

I have 7 kids at home while I'm in a foreign country. For me it's not as much about addiction as it is the need to be connected in case something comes up. And I do keep up with what's going on in the news. It's part of what pays for these trips.
klak
Desire Lover

Postby txcouple13 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:10 pm

klak wrote:
Calicouple69 wrote:Seriously people, why are we so addicted to these GD THINGS! When we're at Desire the last thing I want is a GD cell phone or iPad! I leave mine in the room in the safe, then check it at lunch, and in the evening

I have 7 kids at home while I'm in a foreign country. For me it's not as much about addiction as it is the need to be connected in case something comes up. And I do keep up with what's going on in the news. It's part of what pays for these trips.

Same thing here....If I am on my phone at all it is to respond to an email for work, or something from my kids.
RM- August 2013
RM- September 2015
RM- July 2016
RM- July 2017
RM- August 2018
RM- July 2019
RM- August 2020

Kasidie- txcouple13
txcouple13
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby ntexascouple6233 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Great discussion. I am the sort that likes to take pics of my lovely and very sexy wife and she likes it too. Good to hear that it's a bit less restricting. Just use some common sense and watch the background. Besides, my wife has some of the most sexy outfits to wear at Pearl and I know she won't be wearing them anywhere near home, so having some pics will keep the memory alive. Hopefully, we'll find someone willing to take a few of us together.
ntexascouple6233
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 06 May 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby TwoBeachBums » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Thanks to the info from this thread, I checked with AT&T and found out we have coverage in Mexico without international rates.
Don't know about other providers but it might be worth a call.
TwoBeachBums
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 15 Apr 2020

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:54 pm

We have been using Wi-Fi calling for at least the past three years, it is totally free and doesn't use up your providers data. Just make sure you have a good connection and your good to go for calls, internet, texts and emails. Sorry if I'm being obvious here but I am always surprised at the amount of people that don't utilize this method of staying in touch.
eddieandjojo

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya