Planning our first trip to Desire

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Planning our first trip to Desire

Postby daveanddarcy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:07 am

We just booked starting on July 29th for the same reasons. We are newbies and the adult summer camp looked like fun. We booked directly through the resort and hope we didn’t somehow exclude ourselves from the Hellians group by not booking through castaway travel. If we messed up maybe someone will tell us and keep you and your wife from making the same mistake.
daveanddarcy

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Jul 2021

Postby twoofus444 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:49 pm

From what I have talked to the Hellians about there is not a requirement for booking through castaway. The difference is Castaway will take care of getting you to and from the resort. Also if you do want more info I recommend going to there web page Hellians.com and you can email them from the info there. The people I have talked to seam like great people and we are excited to go and meet new friends. Because it is still 130 days away I am sure there will be more talks from them about special things with there group but I can't wait. We have been to vanilla resorts before and booked them farther out than this but something about the idea of Desire just makes me want to speed up time and get there. Just wish American airlines did not mess up my booking for flight as it is for the wrong days and they want to charge almost double to fix the flight. I am at the point if I can't get the flight fixed I am going to drive the 40+ hours to get there. Though I am not sure how american plates and drivers license will work in Mexico so I hope we fix it.
twoofus444
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 19 Nov 2018

Postby bmerryman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:11 am

The problem might be your auto insurance. Some coverages will not cover your auto in Mexico. Especially more than 50 miles from the border.
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:35 am

80 hours driving round trip, that's dedication! Longest I've done is Denver to Atlanta, 28 hours, that was grueling enough and was only a one way deal.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby marklu » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:40 pm

twoofus444 wrote:From what I have talked to the Hellians about there is not a requirement for booking through castaway. The difference is Castaway will take care of getting you to and from the resort. Also if you do want more info I recommend going to there web page Hellians.com and you can email them from the info there. The people I have talked to seam like great people and we are excited to go and meet new friends. Because it is still 130 days away I am sure there will be more talks from them about special things with there group but I can't wait. We have been to vanilla resorts before and booked them farther out than this but something about the idea of Desire just makes me want to speed up time and get there. Just wish American airlines did not mess up my booking for flight as it is for the wrong days and they want to charge almost double to fix the flight. I am at the point if I can't get the flight fixed I am going to drive the 40+ hours to get there. Though I am not sure how american plates and drivers license will work in Mexico so I hope we fix it.

American plates and driver’s license are valid in Mexico.
marklu
Desire Devotee

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 15 Aug 2021

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya