Theme night participation...

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Theme night participation...

Postby AdventureSeekers » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:57 pm

So I've probably overlooked this in search, but I'd be more interested in fairly current information anyways... Could some folks chime in on a rough guesstimate on the number of people who participate in the theme nights? Is it greater than 50%? Would we stick out like sore thumbs if we came unprepared ourselves??
AdventureSeekers
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 16 Jul 2018

Re: Theme night participation...

Postby texascouple1208 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm

I think it varies quite a bit depending on the crowd and the theme, but I would say in our experience at least 50% put in some effort to meet the theme. Especially the ladies. Would you stick out if you didn't participate? No, not at all, but you would be missing out on some of the fun and the outfits can be great conversation starters.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby ttownexplore » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:21 pm

I (the male) have had the same concern about sticking out if I did dress up because, like they said, it can vary from group to group. We finally said screw it..... we are both gong all out for every night (7) that we are there.
ttownexplore
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 01 Oct 2019

Postby AdventureSeekers » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Thanks for the replies! Looks like we will plan to dress the part. Unfortunately, looks like we will end up with repeat theme nights with how we split our trip between temptation for the first half and desire the second half.
AdventureSeekers
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 16 Jul 2018

Postby Mitchm71 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:40 pm

We were worried about this too. I'm not sure my wife would want to strut around in lingerie on her first night as we are first timers. Me on the other hand would probably feel silly as well. We will see how it goes. Plan is to just pick something out quite sexy and smart and just go with the flow.
Mitchm71

We are from: UK
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Fabswingers

Postby TandD » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:13 am

Mitchm71 wrote:We were worried about this too. I'm not sure my wife would want to strut around in lingerie on her first night as we are first timers. Me on the other hand would probably feel silly as well. We will see how it goes. Plan is to just pick something out quite sexy and smart and just go with the flow.

On our first trip, the first night was lingerie as well and my wife was thinking she would be playing it rather tame. By the time that first night rolled around, she was totally into the whole place and wound up wearing a thing that was fully fine mesh in front and a couple of straps in back. It was totally "out there" and totally awesome.

The common advice is "take some things you think you might never be able to wear. You might surprise yourself".

Since then, we don't go as "all in" on the themes as much. You won't be out of place if you don't follow the theme. It's fun but nobody is keeping score and you won't be shunned at the hot tub the next day.
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Mitchm71 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks TandD, that is reassuring. Yeah that's what I was going to suggest to her and for myself. Maybe bring something conservative and then something I bit more wild, if it gets used or not, either way is fine, at least we have the option there.

Not quite sure what men should wear on those nights though? Been having a look around at the forum but yet to get any decent ideas,will keep looking though :)

I hope you 2 days doesn't pass so quick, I have a funny feeling it will!
Mitchm71

We are from: UK
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Fabswingers

Postby bmerryman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:27 pm

We just returned from RM on Wednesday, June 13, and I would say the participation among women was around 50%, but men was about 10%. We both participated everynight, but I as the male seemed alone at times. But I agree with previous posters that the women really appreciate the effort and would comment on how I was dressed in theme.
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Postby klak » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:44 pm

My wife and I will be first timers for anything like this but have decided to go for broke and go so in on theme nights. We're not even packing what we could wear to the local bar. We decided that we'll never have to see anyone there again unless we choose to do so. So why lose the chance to play it safe? If we feel like we messed up with the theme night choice, we'll slip out somewhere, let the theme night attire hit the floor and do our thing and forget about the experience. But my gut tells me that there'll be a lot of fun sandwiched between theme attire and it hitting the floor. Then a lot more fun.
klak
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2020

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya