SO DISAPPOINTED Worst Desire 4th of July Trip Ever(2018)

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: SO DISAPPOINTED Worst Desire 4th of July Trip Ever(2018)

Postby trubluz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:43 pm

:L :L :L Thank you @ powderfinger and eddiejojo!!

Again people we have been going to Desire properties since 2012, annual and semi annual when time permitted. Other than Cabo, Pearl was our hands down favorite of the all. I have in the past left very informative great reviews on everything Pearl offered. There were things I left out of this review because I'm not wanting to necessarily sway newbies from at least trying it out. I "STRONGLY" feel this a management issue just not sure if it is from the top management or current management staff overseeing Pearl.

It took me over a month to write the review in high hopes I would have gotten a response from someone on the management team in regards to my exit survey. I did not! No apologies from anyone at the resort in regards to any of our complaints.

Did we still have a good time? YES, only reason was due to the GUESTS there at the same time seeing friends we see every year. Being able to say I DO to my love again after 20 years marriage even if it wasn't the ideal location of resort I wanted in planning this. Enjoying the activities provided by the EC team which always seem to go over and beyond to make sure your happy. Seeing some of the regular bar/wait/butler staff that we have gotten to know personally over the years and hear about their lives and family.

Was it worth what we paid? NO we did not book cyber sale full summer rack rate paid.

Will we return? Unfortunately if you ask us today the answer would be a strict NO. We had previously booked for Halloween at Pearl and at this point we don't care if we throw away the deposit we made at time of booking because we flat out will not return there anytime soon until we can confirm things have actually changed for the better.

Will we visit RM? Yes just probably won't be our typical 10 day trip as we feel the hot tub and pool areas are too small.
Her curves can be adventurous!
Kasidie: madgerman
SLS: madgerman69
KIK: azmadgerman69
trubluz
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 29 Jun 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Bigmac08 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 pm

As first timers we just got back from a few nights last week. Ended up inadvertently booking during the dJ event. I thought the vibe was overall good but it did create friction between those who did not go for the event and those that did. There were conflicting theme nights and it wasn’t well communicated. People who had said they had been before or often seemed to be the most disappointed it seemed.

Overall agree with food quality. Both restaurants with reservations we both did not like. But enjoyed the buffet and the dinner at the non reservation restaurant. We did get the vibe of “money issues” at times. Like you needed to reserve a table at the pearl a day in advance but you get there and it’s empty with maybe 2-3 other tables seated.

Hot tub we thought was on fire each night we were there.

We split our time at a vanilla resort nearby that’s a very nice hotel and felt similar issues as an FYI. Felt food quality in general went down. One of the bartenders at the other resort seemed to get annoyed because he had to open a new bottle of champagne and seemed to signal to his manager if it was ok.

I think the seaweed issue is a big issue for the entire coast. If 2 out of 10 people stop traveling to the area because of the beach issues that will have catastrophic issues for these hotels. I honestly would have rethought at least the timing of my trip had I known how bad it was.
Bigmac08

We arrive on: 25 Jul 2018

Postby Beach girl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 pm

We have reservations at the Pearl for the last week of August, our 10th visit. Should we be concerned? Would love to hear from someone who is there now or anyone who has been recently.
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:04 pm

Beach girl wrote:We have reservations at the Pearl for the last week of August, our 10th visit. Should we be concerned? Would love to hear from someone who is there now or anyone who has been recently.

Is Aug 1st soon enough for you? Read page 1 and there's your review.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby jspin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:31 pm

av80r wrote:Thanks Eddieandjojo.

We will certainly do our best to have a great time no matter what the resort delivers, we do hope for a fun crowd when we are there as that should certainly overcome any short comings of the resort. Just rumours that the food sucks, bad or re bottled crap booze and bad service really kills the buzz. Anyway thanks for the reassurance. Would really like management to chime in like they do on Tripadvisor. , even though we are locked in to going at this point.
Ps...really nice pic. :D

Cheers R an T

Glad you wrote to Mgt. Hopefully it will be beneficial. I guess I should do the same.We are going for the first time a week from Monday for 7 days. We too are very concerned about the recent bad reviews. I'm also concerned that they did not respond to OP's review on TA (the same review written here) even though most of their responses are lame. They did however respond to the recent positive reviews on TA meaning they are monitoring the board. I guess at this point only time will tell. Good luck to everyone and let's all be sure to write negative or positive reviews depending on our experience at Pearl.
jspin
Desire Convert

Postby Thecouple111 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:25 pm

If your husband was gone for over 20 min why did you not go check on him instead of friends? Were you to occupied with others?
Thecouple111

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 20 Sep 2018

Postby trubluz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:35 pm

Thecouple111 wrote:If your husband was gone for over 20 min why did you not go check on him instead of friends? Were you to occupied with others?

We were at our ceremony dinner amongst friends that have been part of our Pearl entourage since 2013 and in our Cabo trips prior. 1st I did not want to leave our guests. 2nd all those with us know his past in which he has always went off while arranging a special private entertainment for our dinner parties which previously incorporated belly dancers, pole dancers, couples strip/lap shows whom many have enjoyed. So that is what we all assumed was happening that he would make his entrance again shortly before we enjoyed a private group entertainment show. He loves to entertain and surprise me and has always succeeded in our past Desire trips. With that said none of us thought it uncommon for his to excuse himself at dinner.
trubluz
Desire Superstar

Postby brewandsue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:31 am

Do not assume Original Resorts management reads your posts on this forum. If you want them to know something, write to them directly, call them, and/or try to talk to them while at the resort.
brewandsue -SLS & KIK
funbeachcpl -Kasidie
LET'S PLAY!
PEARL 1/11/24 - 1/18/24
brewandsue
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS + Kasidie

Postby eddieandjojo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 am

brewandsue wrote:Do not assume Original Resorts management reads your posts on this forum. If you want them to know something, write to them directly, call them, and/or try to talk to them while at the resort.

:L
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Beach girl » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:50 pm

eddieandjojo wrote:
Beach girl wrote:We have reservations at the Pearl for the last week of August, our 10th visit. Should we be concerned? Would love to hear from someone who is there now or anyone who has been recently.

No, the report on page 1 is from an early July visit not August 1st. Not sure what prompted your antagonistic response.
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Powderfinger » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Beach girl wrote:
eddieandjojo wrote:

No, the report on page 1 is from an early July visit not August 1st. Not sure what prompted your antagonistic response.

The report was from early July, but if you read the last post on page one, that's us, confirming the report, and we were there August 1. There's also a couple of trip reports on the board from the very end of July, and they say the exact same things, which are exactly what we experienced. We returned August 3, how much more recent do you want?!?!?
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Moon » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:43 am

We were there the 22nd through the 26th for our 4th trip to Pearl. The issues talked about in the earlier part of the month existed in our visit. The poor food quality and the poor food selection were the big issues for us. The seaweed is annoying, but never affected our stay and we know this is something that really can't be controlled. We are 47 and 48 and felt like we were the youngest 10% or so of the guests there. Again, not something Pearl can control, but we felt it to be a bit unusual as our previous visits had an age demographic that was probably 50% 45 to 55 year old couples.

I'm optimistic that by our next visit in May 2019 they will fix the food issues as it seems it is a huge issue for many.
SLS: Moon488626
Kik: Moon8626
Moon
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 14 Apr 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby beagirl » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:29 pm

So glad to hear from you TruBluz. I know you guys always have a fun time (i.e. Partying Eclectics). We were there in April and I didn't want to post a bad review but I have to now.... Pearl was a total snooze-fest. The average age was very high and the party atmosphere was lacking. Also, the food was almost inedible. The service took forever and food was not tasty. We kept ALL of our things locked up in our suitcase due to our debit card being stolen the year before. The one awesome point is that we were with 4 couples and we did everything together all day and all night. That part was incredible. If we had been there alone for the first time.... it would have been disastrous.
beagirl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 02 Jul 2015

Postby trubluz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:57 am

beagirl wrote:So glad to hear from you TruBluz. I know you guys always have a fun time (i.e. Partying Eclectics). We were there in April and I didn't want to post a bad review but I have to now.... Pearl was a total snooze-fest. The average age was very high and the party atmosphere was lacking. Also, the food was almost inedible. The service took forever and food was not tasty. We kept ALL of our things locked up in our suitcase due to our debit card being stolen the year before. The one awesome point is that we were with 4 couples and we did everything together all day and all night. That part was incredible. If we had been there alone for the first time.... it would have been disastrous.

Hi beagirl!! We missed you guys this year for sure. Sorry to hear you experienced similar problems.
trubluz
Desire Superstar

Postby trubluz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 am

I would really like to encourage everyone to write a review on their own experiences whether good or bad and not necessarily just on this forum. My feeling is this if we don't speak up on the areas we feel they need improvement on then how are they to know what they need to improve. Remember management does not read this forum.

Thank you
Pam & Reinhard
trubluz
Desire Superstar