1st Trip Review - July 2018

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

1st Trip Review - July 2018

Postby AwesomeNerdyCouple » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Earlier this spring, I asked my wife on a whim if she would be interested in taking a vacation to Desire. We have a friend that had been to Pearl and really enjoyed his experience there. I sent her some links to some first timer reviews/trip reports and was delighted when she said yes. We discussed it and set our ground rules for the trip. We are a vanilla couple and have never spent any time around the lifestyle crowd much less been naked in any capacity in public. This trip was going to be completely new and truly an adventure for us. We hadn't even been to a regular resort before. Most of our vacations involved mountains and hiking.

The build up and anticipation of the trip was amazing. We had so much fun looking for theme night clothes for both of us but mostly her. Trying them on as they came in resulted in some really fun nights leading up to the trip. I monitored the forums here to get as much information as possible. We also both created an account for the first time to participate in one of the groups for July attendees. This turned out to be one of the best things that we did prior to the trip. We got to know many people that we ran into at the resort, learned a lot about the resort, had some fun conversations, and shared some scandalous pictures with strangers on the Internet.

We arrived at Desire around 2pm on a Thursday after a really long frustrating wait to get our bags. We used USA Transfers to get from the airport to the resort. They were so friendly and helpful. I highly recommend using USA Transfers. The check-in process was smooth and the ladies were incredibly helpful in explaining how everything worked. They did ask us to sign up for the sales pitch, but I delayed with the excuse that it was our first trip and I needed to experience it before committing to the sales pitch. We unplugged the phone in the room so we were never asked about the sales pitch from that point forward. We booked a Superior Garden View room. The room was very nice and comfortable. We were very happy with the accommodations.

After getting settled into the room, we packed our bag, put on our swimsuits, and headed over to the restaurant. We were absolutely famished and hadn't eaten since 7am. There was a nice selection of food at the buffet. We're both limited in our options typically. I'm a vegetarian and my wife has a gluten allergy. Being mid-afternoon, the restaurant was slow. We had a good vantage point to do some people watching at this point. Panic set in. This was real now. Would we be able to get naked in front of other people? What if nobody wanted to talk to us? Would we be able to stay interested in a beach vacation for 4 days? We completed our meal and made our way over to the pool and felt awkward about even asking for how to get beach chairs. The afternoon pool volleyball game was starting up at this time. That's when we heard someone yell out our names. It had to be a mistake. Maybe there were others with the same names as us there. In fact, it was someone that we had talked to on the group that recognized us and beckoned us to join the volleyball game. All of the previous anxiety melted away and we jumped into the water to join them. But first, I asked that my wife lose her top. We were at a clothing optional resort after all. After some brief hesitation, she lost her top and we joined the volleyball game and were introduced to a number of other people from the group and everyone that they knew in short order. Everyone was so friendly and fun.

After the volleyball game, we popped back up to our chairs to get a drink. When we got back in the water, I was ready for our next step. I challenged my wife that I would remove my bottoms if she did the same. With that, we stripped off our bottoms simultaneously and were completely naked. The act that seemed so intimidating ended up being so simple and easy. A short time later when people started making their way back to their rooms to get ready for the evening, we decided to take a walk around the resort to see everything and did it naked. It was awesome! It felt so natural and comfortable.

Our only issue of the trip occurred that night. We made our way up to the disco and my wife was dancing. We had alternated water and drinks all day and really hadn't had too much to drink. We certainly didn't feel drunk. There was one BAD captain and coke that we took 2 sips from and stopped drinking. But my wife suddenly felt very very ill. We quickly left the disco and made our way back to our room. My wife was very sick and uncomfortable until the foam party the next day. I saw the posts about strange sicknesses here on the forum and this seems to follow some of the symptoms. My best guess is bad alcohol.

Outside of that, we had a fantastic time the rest of our trip. We made so many new friends and ran into people from the group throughout the trip. The trip allowed us to explore some of our exhibitionist kinks as well as share some other new experiences that we hadn't originally planned on. We did have a set of pictures done, and they all turned out amazing. It was really hard to pick from among them afterwards, and we spent a lot more than we were planning but the pictures were awesome and the experience of taking them was so fun.

The food was decent. There were a number of options for us at each meal. The restaurant service was stellar though. The staff was friendly and the chefs custom made dishes for my wife to accommodate her gluten allergies on a couple occasions. The service across the board in all aspects was awesome. We had some great conversations over dinner from having a nice dinner on our own, running into others we met in the restaurant, to having a really deep conversation with a couple that had just arrived at the resort and didn't know how things worked so we had dinner with them.

I was very disappointed in the drinks. None of them were as effective as they should have been. Some of them were just bad. We brought a bottle of captain with us, and it really demonstrated how ineffective the resort drinks actually were.

The playmakers were fun. We tried to participate in activities when possible. The afternoon pool volleyball and foam party were definitely highlights of the trip. The evening shows were fun and we enjoyed the disco. I love watching my wife dance. She absolutely shines on the dance floor and always seems to make friends or even get others involved. The heat/humidity was stifling during the entertainment outside. Hot tub time was so much fun. We ended nights 2-4 at the hot tub and followed it up with BLT's/pizza. We had so much fun at the hot tub in the evening.

In conclusion, there were a few things that weren't ideal, but this was one of the best trips we've ever taken. I feel like 4 nights was the right length for our first time. We had some great conversations as husband and wife and reconnected in ways that we never considered. Desire provides a great atmosphere but the people that attend Desire are what make the experience truly unique. We will be back.

Sorry this got a little rambley and stream of consciousness at the end.
AwesomeNerdyCouple

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Re: 1st Trip Review - July 2018

Postby ukusacouple » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Are you sure it wasn’t the water that caused the illness?

The company i work for advises “bottled water only” across all of Mexico. I’ve never heard of anyone being made sick from spirits....well apart from drinking half a bottle :)
SDC & Fabswingers:Kaleidoscopelife
RM 3rd-9th Oct 2024 & Feb 11th-18th 2025
ukusacouple
Desire Devotee

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 03 Oct 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC FAB

Postby DesireOntarioWomen » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Both water quality and the suspected issue with spirits are discussed at length in other posts on the forum.

In summary ...
The water quality is fine at the resort.
There have been suspected problems with alcohol in the past at other resorts (beyond over-consumption).

Hope this helps!

ukusacouple wrote:Are you sure it wasn’t the water that caused the illness?

The company i work for advises “bottled water only” across all of Mexico. I’ve never heard of anyone being made sick from spirits....well apart from drinking half a bottle :)
DesireOntarioWomen
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 0- 4-2016

Postby AwesomeNerdyCouple » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:02 pm

Sorry wasn't trying to make a big deal of it. It really could have been anything. It was just weird because my wife never gets sick like that.

We truly had an amazing trip and look forward to going back again.
AwesomeNerdyCouple

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya