Desire suite at RM vs Passion Suite

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Desire suite at RM vs Passion Suite

Postby Gobigorgohome » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:32 pm

We have just been to Pearl, so curious about the suite situation at RM. it looks like there are only 4 “Desire Suites” that have an indoor jacuzzi and a swim up - it looks like the passion suites have an outdoor jacuzzi, but don’t get the elite privileges. We like to meet fun couples and host at our room and enjoy the jacuzzi. It was great having the outdoor patio and jacuzzi at Pearl. What would everyone recommend? We are planning for the Match timeframe. Thanks beautiful people!
Gobigorgohome
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 19 Mar 2018

Re: Desire suite at RM vs Passion Suite

Postby eddieandjojo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:26 pm

IMHO...hard to beat the vibe of the penthouse suites in terms of hosting. The patio and the 16 person hot tub make it an amazing experience! The new suites at RM will be more suited to you if hosting is something you enjoy. The private pool outside the suites are geared for hosting small get togethers. Still, we prefer the Pearl penthouses....again, our preference....can't go wrong either way!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby JandH » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:47 am

We've stayed in both the Desire Suites and Passion Suites. If you like to entertain, then the Desire suite would be much more suited for you.

The Passion Suites have an indoor 6 man hot tub that must be filled each time you use it. It takes a while to fill so planning is a must. There is ample room to host a few people inside the room, but it gets crowded with any more than a few. There is a nice accessible patio on the beach side that has plenty of room and some couches and chairs. The passion suites also do not come with a full bar so you need to either bring your own (as we do) or make trips to the closest bar. They are great for small get togethers.

The Desire suites have alot more room. There is a full living room with a bathroom downstairs and then your bedroom and master bath are in a loft up a set of stairs. There is an outdoor hottub for each suite and a good sized shared pool on the beach side of the suites. We hosted several moderately large parties at our suite and I wondered how our neighbors felt about that. I told them to let me know if it was a problem and didn't hear anything from them. The Desire Suite also comes with a full bar which is very convenient.

Both are pricey with the Desire Suites being very pricey. But you only get to Desire every so often, so for us, we don't let price determine our choice.
JandH
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby Gobigorgohome » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:47 pm

eddieandjojo wrote:IMHO...hard to beat the vibe of the penthouse suites in terms of hosting. The patio and the 16 person hot tub make it an amazing experience! The new suites at RM will be more suited to you if hosting is something you enjoy. The private pool outside the suites are geared for hosting small get togethers. Still, we prefer the Pearl penthouses....again, our preference....can't go wrong either way!

Thanks so much - this is super helpful! We stayed at the penthouse suite last time we went to Pearl and agree it is amazing! We’ve never been to RM, so wanted to try it out. I hope we don’t wish we had room 43 at Pearl again :)
Gobigorgohome
Desire Convert

Postby Gobigorgohome » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:48 pm

JandH wrote:We've stayed in both the Desire Suites and Passion Suites. If you like to entertain, then the Desire suite would be much more suited for you.

The Passion Suites have an indoor 6 man hot tub that must be filled each time you use it. It takes a while to fill so planning is a must. There is ample room to host a few people inside the room, but it gets crowded with any more than a few. There is a nice accessible patio on the beach side that has plenty of room and some couches and chairs. The passion suites also do not come with a full bar so you need to either bring your own (as we do) or make trips to the closest bar. They are great for small get togethers.

The Desire suites have alot more room. There is a full living room with a bathroom downstairs and then your bedroom and master bath are in a loft up a set of stairs. There is an outdoor hottub for each suite and a good sized shared pool on the beach side of the suites. We hosted several moderately large parties at our suite and I wondered how our neighbors felt about that. I told them to let me know if it was a problem and didn't hear anything from them. The Desire Suite also comes with a full bar which is very convenient.

Both are pricey with the Desire Suites being very pricey. But you only get to Desire every so often, so for us, we don't let price determine our choice.

This is great info! We agree that price isn’t an issue when we come to paradise! We will book the Desire Suite for sure! I hope we find some sexy people to party with.
Gobigorgohome
Desire Convert

Postby Gold17 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:52 pm

We have stayed in the Desire Suites twice. We have not been to Pearl nor have we stayed in RM's Passion Suites so I cannot compare to them. We never hosted parties or groups in our suite, but both times the shared pool was conducive for meeting neighbors. I would not call the outdoor hot tub a true hot tub. It shares the same water as that of the pool so it stays cooler than a typical hot tub. If you run the jets for awhile, it gets warmer, but not that much. There is plenty of liquor in the suites, and while they will of course bring you ice, it is just as easy to take your bucket 30 feet to the outside lobby bar when more is needed.
DRM June 2017
DRM June 2018
DRM March 2019
Gold17
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 03 Mar 2019

Postby northernlightscpl » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Gold17 wrote:We have stayed in the Desire Suites twice. We have not been to Pearl nor have we stayed in RM's Passion Suites so I cannot compare to them. We never hosted parties or groups in our suite, but both times the shared pool was conducive for meeting neighbors. I would not call the outdoor hot tub a true hot tub. It shares the same water as that of the pool so it stays cooler than a typical hot tub. If you run the jets for awhile, it gets warmer, but not that much. There is plenty of liquor in the suites, and while they will of course bring you ice, it is just as easy to take your bucket 30 feet to the outside lobby bar when more is needed.

We have partied in the suites and also agree and a bit disappointing sitting in the 'separate' tub (hot tub) that shares the same pool water and wasn't (warm or 'hot') conducive to sitting in it very long to enjoy to company. The indoor space and pool was great to host a larger group. We are partial to a private party 'hot tub' and for that reason would take the Passion Suite.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Gobigorgohome » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:48 am

northernlightscpl wrote:
Gold17 wrote:We have stayed in the Desire Suites twice. We have not been to Pearl nor have we stayed in RM's Passion Suites so I cannot compare to them. We never hosted parties or groups in our suite, but both times the shared pool was conducive for meeting neighbors. I would not call the outdoor hot tub a true hot tub. It shares the same water as that of the pool so it stays cooler than a typical hot tub. If you run the jets for awhile, it gets warmer, but not that much. There is plenty of liquor in the suites, and while they will of course bring you ice, it is just as easy to take your bucket 30 feet to the outside lobby bar when more is needed.

We have partied in the suites and also agree and a bit disappointing sitting in the 'separate' tub (hot tub) that shares the same pool water and wasn't (warm or 'hot') conducive to sitting in it very long to enjoy to company. The indoor space and pool was great to host a larger group. We are partial to a private party 'hot tub' and for that reason would take the Passion Suite.

Great info! This makes complete sense. The hot tubs at the penthouse suites at Pearl don’t get that hot either, but this sounds a bit worse. The shared pool does sound like a unique option. Does that tend to get wild at night, or is it more of a quiet private thing?
Gobigorgohome
Desire Convert

Postby northernlightscpl » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:35 am

Gobigorgohome wrote:
northernlightscpl wrote:

Great info! This makes complete sense. The hot tubs at the penthouse suites at Pearl don’t get that hot either, but this sounds a bit worse. The shared pool does sound like a unique option. Does that tend to get wild at night, or is it more of a quiet private thing?

Depends on who and the number invited and the party atmosphere couples bring with them...… I would imagine it could be at some of the take overs where more people know each other previously.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:49 am

It's definitely the case that if one or two of those Desire suites are having a party, then everyone is having a party. With a shared pool and close proximity, it's certainly more of a communal situation than a penthouse at Pearl. We still prefer the Desire suites over the Passion suites if we are staying at RM, but it's really a different experience than the penthouse suites at Pearl.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby Gobigorgohome » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Thanks, all. I guess the better way to ask is which suite is better for sex with playful couples we meet. We had great one on one sex in the penthouse suite, but didn’t share that with new couples we met. Maybe it was just the weeks we were there and the people. We fooled around at the disco and jacuzzi, but didn’t find the right moment for the room yet.

Love to hear about the stories that happened in either the penthouses at Pearl or Desire suites at RM. How did the experiences happen, what were the factors that made it happen, did the room add to the experience, etc. We are yet to have a FULL LS experience at Desire and want to change that and think the right room is important. I’d love to hear other people’s experiences. Thanks in advance. We’re booking for mid March 2019. Did anyone pop their lifestyle cherry in one of the rooms?
Gobigorgohome
Desire Convert

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:44 am

Well it doesn't hurt at all that the Desire Suites at RM are just a few steps away from the courtyard bar - with no steps. IJS...

Gobigorgohome wrote:Thanks, all. I guess the better way to ask is which suite is better for sex with playful couples we meet. We had great one on one sex in the penthouse suite, but didn’t share that with new couples we met. Maybe it was just the weeks we were there and the people. We fooled around at the disco and jacuzzi, but didn’t find the right moment for the room yet.

Love to hear about the stories that happened in either the penthouses at Pearl or Desire suites at RM. How did the experiences happen, what were the factors that made it happen, did the room add to the experience, etc. We are yet to have a FULL LS experience at Desire and want to change that and think the right room is important. I’d love to hear other people’s experiences. Thanks in advance. We’re booking for mid March 2019. Did anyone pop their lifestyle cherry in one of the rooms?
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby bigbill » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Gobigorgohome wrote:
eddieandjojo wrote:IMHO...hard to beat the vibe of the penthouse suites in terms of hosting. The patio and the 16 person hot tub make it an amazing experience! The new suites at RM will be more suited to you if hosting is something you enjoy. The private pool outside the suites are geared for hosting small get togethers. Still, we prefer the Pearl penthouses....again, our preference....can't go wrong either way!

Thanks so much - this is super helpful! We stayed at the penthouse suite last time we went to Pearl and agree it is amazing! We’ve never been to RM, so wanted to try it out. I hope we don’t wish we had room 43 at Pearl again :)

We have also stayed in Penthouse 43 at Pearl and love that room and the large patio. If only they put beds on those Penthouse patios like the ones on the beach or around the pool and jacuzzi.

We just booked our first stay at a Desire Suite (Villa) at DRM for mid-December. Will let you know our experience when we return.
Kik: bigbillcan
bigbill
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2018

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya