PLAYROOM UPDATE ??

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

PLAYROOM UPDATE ??

Postby NewCouple041723 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:30 pm

Does anyone know when the new playroom will be completed. It was shut down when we went in early October. Does anyone know the target date to reopen it? Hopefully before March...
KIK: Gman036
NewCouple041723
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Aug 2023

Re: PLAYROOM UPDATE ??

Postby texascouple1208 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:24 pm

I am pretty sure they have already completed the renovations and reopened it. We will be there to see for ourselves in about 9 days...
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:26 pm

It's open now, we got to experience both the temp playroom and the new one a few weeks ago, more details and discussion in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9400#p92152
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Longislandlovers » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:27 pm

We have just returned from RM on the 14th of Nov. The playroom was finished and looks like they did a nice job. It is now one giant bed/couch (huge orgy bed) that stretches the length of the room. The door is gone, there is a dark curtain that covers the opening. The wall where you enter is on your right is tufted with loops to grip/grab. We didn't use the room and didn't see much action there either. People were entering and pretty much leaving 30 seconds later.
RM X 12
Pearl X 21
Trump 2024
Longislandlovers
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Nov 2022

Postby canuck63 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:20 am

Longislandlovers wrote:We have just returned from RM on the 14th of Nov. The playroom was finished and looks like they did a nice job. It is now one giant bed/couch (huge orgy bed) that stretches the length of the room. The door is gone, there is a dark curtain that covers the opening. The wall where you enter is on your right is tufted with loops to grip/grab. We didn't use the room and didn't see much action there either. People were entering and pretty much leaving 30 seconds later.

We were there a couple of weeks ago and if you ask me it's the old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" scenario. There was nothing wrong with it the way it was. Now, it's like Pearl with no door, you get all the disco noise, takes away the intimacy and noises you would hear with a door. Also, not everyone wants the wide open couch/bed, a lot of people would prefer to be with their partner or just another couple, this wide open format takes away from that. We only walked in looked around and walked out, no interest in using it now that the renovations are done. We heard a few complaints from people that tried it out that it's easy to fall between the cracks of the cushions on the couch now. In our opinion they should have left it alone and fixed the play room at Pearl instead.
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby miranda2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:03 pm

It would be great it someone could post a pic of the new playroom. Maybe in the afternoon when noone is there.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby jandr1013 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:20 pm

It's a little blurry, but here's a pic we took about two weeks ago.
jandr1013 on Swinging Heaven (Canada) and Cafe Desire
Desire Trip #13 at Pearl Nov 2-9th, 2024
jandr1013
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Nov 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SHeaven CafeDesire

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:14 pm

We just returned a few days ago - we were also there in October when it opened. When it first opened we didn't see anyone use it but I don't know how many were aware (we did see people using the temporary playroom).

This time however, we checked it out twice and it was packed full, more than I've ever seen it. Some even said at times there was even a wait.

I will say that based on earlier discussions here where others talked about it being full in the past, we took a look earlier in the night than we normally would, perhaps that is a difference.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby tccouple » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Ugh, looking at the picture, I hope thats only the lighting during the day! Is it darker at night?

We never used the playroom at Pearl because it was too bright and only had a curtain. Sounds like how it is now at RM. Too bad :(
tccouple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 18 Apr 2020

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:47 pm

That seems brighter than I remember it. The lighting in the temp playroom was perfect - two nights later when we went in the new playroom I don't remember there being a stark contrast in lighting, but these are somewhat foggy memories.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby jandr1013 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Yeah, this was full lighting during the daytime. I (R) don't think we actually made it there for play in the evenings this past trip, so we can't comment on the lighting at night. As we were there for a takeover, we used it for a massage class in the afternoon which took some experimenting with the blinds to get the right amount of natural light in the playroom, and also as an aftercare room on the "dungeon night" which was full lighting as it wasn't for play, just a quiet space to relax after a scene.
jandr1013 on Swinging Heaven (Canada) and Cafe Desire
Desire Trip #13 at Pearl Nov 2-9th, 2024
jandr1013
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Nov 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SHeaven CafeDesire

Postby Keys2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Just got back from a NYE trip...playroom is empty!!! There is 1 looooog bed....ok with that...but the temp. was about 60* inside...and the red lights are way too bright. Everyone would walk in...and then walk right back out!!! I sure wish the management would listen to the complaints ...and listen to the things that are good!!!! A lot of changes....not for the good this time!!!
Keys2

We arrive on: 30 Oct 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby desirecouple03 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:45 am

We haven't been back to RM since the remodelling but the pics and comments on this topic are putting us off.

The Playroom at RM was one of the places that made it so special compared to Pearl which I love (my wife prefers RM). The difference was the confort (the whole place is bigger which made the setting more confortable), dimmer lighting (made it more inviting), sensual erotic cozy (made it possible to be intimate but at the same time voyeuristic) and you could make it as private or as public as you wanted to do it thanks to the separations between the beds.

Now it seems that all is gone. The huge bed made of up many mattresses looks like the only option is a big orgy. Don't think my wife will like that. And on top it doesn't look confortable (mattresses move), the lighting takes away the mood and on top of that its cold inside?

Hope management acts quickly and contemplates what has worked better in the past...

This is actually very worrying, the Playroom was the crown jewel of RM for us!
desirecouple03
Desire Fan

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 21 Jun 2018

Postby Newlyweds425 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:08 pm

That's disappointing! We didn't mind the old play room. Looks like we'll be spending more time at the hot tub beds! ;)
Kasidie: Deviantdesires
SLS: Deviantdesires425
Newlyweds425

We arrive on: 15 Dec 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby Lkncouple » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:50 pm

We are currently here. We will do a trip report when we get back. I will say they have completely ruined the playroom. Basiically one giant bed. It is way to bright. This is our fith night and never seen more than 6 people there at a time. Most of the time only 2 people. Very disappointed.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya