trip report / first timers / jan 8 - 12, 2019

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

trip report / first timers / jan 8 - 12, 2019

Postby neon_peach » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:44 pm

hi! i'm here to offer a somewhat briefand random trip report as a non-lifestyler, first timer :)

TL;DR: it was amazing and we're already trying to book another trip for may / june! it's a shame that we'll probably never visit another resort again ever, except maybe pearl!

the first thing we fell in love with was the small size of the resort. saying it felt "intimate" sounds like such a cliche, but it's the truth! we usually stay at those like super mega resorts; NEVER AGAIN, friends.

because of the smaller size, we made some amazing friends the first night and we stuck with them til the bitter end. At one point we had 8 awesome peeps in the group. truthfully, i'm sure these new friends made the trip what it was, no discredit to DRM of course, and we would have had a much different experience without them. I already miss them :( shout out to Michigan, Arkansas, and Texas. Philly says what's up!

moving on... we felt the overall experience to be a little more tame and relaxed than maybe what we read about prior to the trip. yes, we saw about one PDS every day on average, by the pool + jacuzzi, but nothing insanely wild. for us personally, it was a perfect level. if there was more PDA / PDS, fine, great! but I didn't feel like anything was missing, per se. Again, we were only first timers.

and now I'll just share some random thoughts...

the BLTs at the lobby bar at night are no joke, guys! do NOT miss out!

I wished I dressed up more for the theme nights. Not like I necessarily wanted a "costume" to match the theme, I just wish I had more fancy, sparkly, sexy dresses. Noted for next time! my boyfriend just wore a short-sleeve button down + dark jeans every night and he felt fine and looked great!

everyone at the resort was kind, friendly, approachable, smart, amazing, and beautiful in their own individual way. Everyone had great stories to share! i feel like I talked to soooo many different people, and I wish I could have spent time with even more of you.

my boyfriend and I aren't exactly shy or nervous about anything, but i'll admit there was a distinct *feeling* about visiting DRM as a first timer. though that dissipated almost immediately. both of us were quickly comfortable with being nude and being around other nude peeps in such a wonderful and accepting environment.

CC at the beach bar makes the best margaritas, hands down.

Ok, I think that's it for now! til next time :)
neon_peach

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Jan 2019

Re: trip report / first timers / jan 8 - 12, 2019

Postby Blondbombmom » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:28 pm

Michigan says Hi!!!! I just saw this and so wish you guys were going with us on our next trip. Going to definitely miss the group!
Blondbombmom

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 07 Jan 2019

Re: trip report / first timers / jan 8 - 12, 2019

Postby reachn » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:30 pm

great report.... we didn't dress up the first time we went, dressed up for two nights the 2nd time and then dressed up every night the 3rd time... dressing up was a blast i (male) was the envy of most guys as the women seamed to LOVE that i dressed up and received a lot of attention and tons of complements.... the shopping and modeling of the outfits got us going :bj :bj :P before our trip!!!!
reachn
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Oct 2017

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya