Super Bowl weekend 2019

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Super Bowl weekend 2019

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:22 pm

It’s seems like there are not a lot of Trip reports any more. I know I like to read them, so I figure I would post one.

We are a couple in our early 50’s, we are not in the LS, but we really enjoy the fun and super friendly people at Desire. I guess you could describe us a voyeurs as we do like to watch others. This was our 6th visit to Desire. We have gone in October a few times, the rest have been in January. While we have gone a number of times we are not members.

We are fortunate to have a direct flight to Cancun, we had no delays and the flight actually arrived early. Using a trick that we read on this forum, when we got to customs, we went to the line all the way to the right. Only had about 8 families in front of us. Our bags were waiting on us, hit the button got the green light, eyes down through the gauntlet of sales people straight to USA transfers. If you are going, we can’t recommend USA transfers enough. Click the link here and book your transfer with them. Nobody else in the van, straight to the resort.

We checked in at 1:30, and out room wasn’t ready, and moved us to the membership salesman. The salesman gave us his pitch, we told him that we have said no, 5 times before, we don’t see anything that would change that. He told us about the “dual” resort they are building in Punta Cana. One side is Temptation, one side is Desire. Desire guests will be able to go to Temptation, but Temptation will not be able to go to Desire. He claimed construction was underway and it will be open in 2020. They also said they purchased the empty lot next to Desire RM and are going to put 50 rooms on it. I am not sure I believe any of it, but I thought I would pass the info on. After we said no, our room was surprisingly ready.

Negative:
For those that have been, there are almost no big changes to the resort over the past few years. The food seems to be exactly the same, the restaurants are the same. I think they painted the buffet room white, it seems much lighter. A few slight changes to the menus, but all in all the same. The rooms are exactly the same, a little run down, a little mildew, tiny bathrooms. I do think they have more TV channels than they did in the past, but we never watch TV.

The biggest changes to the resort that I saw were both negative. The first was the lunch area by the pool. They have completely enclosed this with glass so you are separated from the pool. It used to be very casual, now it is more formal. The minute you step in without shoes, they make you leave an put on shoes. I could see how this is beneficial if it cold or rainy, but most of the time it is not so I am not sure the purpose of this.

They have remodeled the playroom. Instead of the round beds with a small pad between them providing a very small amount of privacy, it is now just one big bed. Before it felt like you could go in there and have a space to yourself or another couple. If you wanted to look around you could, now it is just one big space. The real issue for us, it that it was very bright. Before it was dark, red and sexy, now it is big, open and sterile. The resort was sold out when we were there, we walked in every night, and the busiest we saw was a night were there was 1 foursome and one twosome on the bed.

We weren’t fans of Latin night, we didn’t like the outfits or the band. We did our best to enjoy it and we understand that they can’t do something to please everyone. The worst part, was the next night in the disco, they had it listed as Latin music. We had Latin night/Music on Friday, then again on Saturday in the disco.

Positive:
Glow night was fantastic. Lots of participation, great costumes and one of the best shows we have seen in years. That was by far our favorite night. Gods and Goddess night was also great with lots of participation.

This year we thought we would try the “Sensual Catamaran”. I think it cost us $230 per couple for the day. The great thing was that they brought the boat to RM, and we got in a little boat that took us to the big catamaran. When we looked into it before, you had to get transportation to Pearl so this was nice. There were only 2 other couples from the resort with us. Unfortunately, that afternoon it got really windy. The snorkeling was good, but the rough seas and big winds made 3 of the 6 people violently seasick and the cool breeze had everyone bundled up. I think there is tremendous potential to have a blast on this, but it would depend on the weather.

Service is always phenomenal. I am amazed how they remember everyone's drink. It seems like you never want for anything at the resort.

To me the real secret to this resort is the people. Everyone is over the top friendly. Nobody is ever pushy, and once again we met people we will be friends with once we are back in the US and have our clothes on.

The hot tub is really the place to be. Lots of friendly people. We know there have been some complaints on this board, but we didn’t see any singles or people smoking in the hot tub. My only complaint is I think they could turn the heat down a bit of the water. It is hard to stay in there a couple of hours.

The resort set up a really cool superbowl party, with a huge screen to watch the game. They had wings and burgers that were good. Overall, I thought it was a great party.

Sensual
I thought I would include a couple of comments about the sensual activities. Normally we see lots of sexual activity, between the playroom, and just waking to and from our room. I was surprised that on this trip, we never saw any doors open or blinds pulled back so you could watch. With the playroom basically dead, we found other places to go.

One morning we went to the beach and found a beach bed. It was the first time we have ever done anything in the public during the day on the beach. We didn’t have full on sex, but more of some simple fondling and kissing that led to an orgasm for my wife. She really liked the “Naughtiness” of being in the daylight and people possibly watching.

The next night we returned to the beach. It is always very cool to have sex under the stars with the tide splashing up. I can’t recommend this enough. For those of you new to this, you may want to take a towel or 2. Even though there are beds, they do get very sandy, you may want a towel to lay on.

It seems like most people opt out of the playroom and head to the Jacuzzi beds. One of the hottest moments in our 6 trips happened at that hot tub beds this trip. My wife and I decided to go to one of the beds and the bed next to us was occupied. While my wife and I started to have sex, I glanced over and the wife on the other bed was staring at us. We locked eyes and it may have been one of the sexiest things I have seen. It was amazing to have sex with my wife, looking at her, and looking over at this beautiful woman enjoying her husband and watching us. The only thing that was bad, was they left the next day and we didn’t get a chance to repeat that night.

Overall it was a phenomenal trip. Those that are regulars, not much a change from year to year for us. I know there has been a lot written about lack of nudity, bad food etc. We did not experience any of that. I planned to try to take pictures of the menus to post, but as usual the after the drinks all day, I forgot. For newbies, take a chance book the trip, put your yellow wrist bands on and enjoy yourself!!
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Re: Super Bowl weekend 2019

Postby texascouple1208 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:00 pm

Thanks for the trip report. Maybe it will spur/guilt me in to getting one or two posted from our more recent trips.

Regarding the glass walls at the pool restaurant - we've never known anything different, having only started visiting in April '17, but we think it is sometimes helpful to have that space air conditioned in the hotter months.

That was interesting to know about the catamaran picking you up at RM, that would probably increase the likelihood of us trying it out. Like you, we've been told in the past you had to pay your way to Pearl to get on board. Sorry the weather didn't cooperate.

We too are not fans of the new playroom layout. They should have left well enough alone. We will give it another try on our trip in April, but our first impression was negative.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby Lkncouple » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:14 pm

Never thought about the air conditioning. That makes sense. It looks like the windows could be opened, so maybe if they would have done that it would have been better. Regardless, it was an awesome trip and we will be back.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

Postby edunlla » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Thank you Lkncouple for the trip report. Our trip was booked for 2 weeks in January. Unfortunately my passport had expired and aquiring a new one during the US govt shutdown was not meant to be. In the absence of our dream trip, our only solace is to read trip reports and live voyeuristically through the experiences of others. It was stated that there are not many reports posted anymore and I agree. Our plan is to return next January and hopefully create more memories in the beds beside the hot tub.
edunlla
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF SLS ALT

Postby cpl13408 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:34 pm

Thanks for the post, with my question you will immediately recognize we have never been to DRM, so here it goes: what is the yellow band you mentioned?.
:VEN :US
Quiver: cpl13408
Twitter: @cpl13408
cpl13408
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 03 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Quiver

Postby texascouple1208 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:42 pm

cpl13408 wrote:Thanks for the post, with my question you will immediately recognize we have never been to DRM, so here it goes: what is the yellow band you mentioned?.
:VEN :US

Every guest gets a wrist band at check in. The color of the wrist band varies. First timers get a yellow wrist band. People who have been before but are not members get a white wristband. Then there are some other colors for members and people staying in suites - brown, goldish, red - I forget what they all mean.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby SexxxyInMe » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:36 am

Great trip report! We just returned from a our 5th visit last week and our opinions were very similar to yours. Our trip was just as fabulous as the previous four, but we, too, were not fans of the glassed in lunch area as we felt it made it too warm and increased the noise level greatly. In fact, the noise level in all of the restaurants seemed extreme this year. Has anyone else noticed this? Secondly, we found the renovated playroom to be sterile and caused it to lose the sexy vibe that it once had. We checked it out twice, and both times it was completely empty. Bummer, as we typically enjoy using it while surrounded by other sexy couples. All in all, the positives far outweighed the negatives and we will count the days until we can return next year.
SexxxyInMe
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 17 Feb 2020

Postby desireaddict » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:08 pm

Thanks for the comprehensive trip report. It's always great to hear the thoughts of other guests, esp Newbies.

On the playroom, perhaps we're the only people who think it is an improvement.
The old arrangement made it feel (to us) like there were only individual private "beds" (areas) and it was rude to share that space unless invited. The new arrangement is indeed just like one long bed (with just a few dividers of sheer curtains) and if it is busy but you can find a space in between other couples playing, it's "open" to use rather than to feel like you're intruding.

YMMV
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:33 am

desireaddict wrote:Thanks for the comprehensive trip report. It's always great to hear the thoughts of other guests, esp Newbies.

On the playroom, perhaps we're the only people who think it is an improvement.
The old arrangement made it feel (to us) like there were only individual private "beds" (areas) and it was rude to share that space unless invited. The new arrangement is indeed just like one long bed (with just a few dividers of sheer curtains) and if it is busy but you can find a space in between other couples playing, it's "open" to use rather than to feel like you're intruding.

YMMV

I think the new room would be good if they changed the lighting and maybe the color in the room. It is so bright and sterile. The shear curtains are nice addition to break up the room. That being said, on our other 5 visits the playroom was always packed, this visit it was almost empty the 5 nights we were there, and the resort was completely sold out.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:24 pm

Lkncouple wrote:On the playroom, perhaps we're the only people who think it is an improvement.

This was generally our take as well. The new playroom is way more like the local club (which has an awesome playroom, similar concept but bigger).

With the new playroom - we were there when it opened then back again a few weeks later. At first there was actually a door. When we returned the door was gone and there was some sort of partition or something - definitely made it noisier - not sure how it is now.

I think the new room would be good if they changed the lighting and maybe the color in the room. It is so bright and sterile.

It wasn't like that when we were there but they could've changed things of course (not sure why they would want to go the brighter direction).

That being said, on our other 5 visits the playroom was always packed, this visit it was almost empty the 5 nights we were there, and the resort was completely sold out.

I think there are multiple factors at play with this. We had the complete opposite experience - 5 trips previously with the old playroom and never saw more than 2 couples in there. New playroom - go in there and it's packed, probably 20 couples in there.

The difference? Well, before that trip there was a thread on here where others said they had a totally different experience than us. Once we started talking through the particulars we realized that when we were going in there it was later in the evening. So, next trip we decided to go in there earlier and that's when it was packed.

So I think saying "It was packed" or "it was empty" doesn't always tell the full story.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya