Trip report March 8-13, 2019

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip report March 8-13, 2019

Postby SashaandDavid » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Hello all. This board and forum was immensely helpful for our first trip to DRM, so thought I'd try to recap some of the highlights of our inaugural visit.

As a background, she is a 40 year old bi female and he's a 48 year old male. We've been in the lifestyle for 7 years and never thought to explore something like this...silly us!

So we actually got into Cancun early evening of the 7th, but we stayed elsewhere for the night to get acclimated and not feel rushed. I'm glad we did this. Seeing all the interaction in the pool and jacuzzi, we would have missed all of that, and while that's ok, it allowed us to get up early on the 8th and head over to Desire. We arrived around 9:30am and were promptly met in the lobby with fresh towels and champagne, as you've all read many times before. The 'sales pitch' lasted about 30 seconds and we politely declined. (Fast forward to the end....we love this place and we'll be back, but we'll likely not buy in to better allow us to go when we want rather than feeling like we 'have' to...it's a slight difference to us and our stance for now).

Anyway, we arrive and we head to the spa to change and go right out to the pool. I found Daniel and asked for a couple of chairs....and he didn't have any for me. Huh? We can only get a bed on the beach. No bueno for us, as we wanted to be pool-side most of the time. She wasn't very happy, so the immediate response was 'we don't like this so far'. That was VERY short lived. I'm not one to pester, so I went back again, found someone else and suddenly, we had chairs. Crisis averted. That was literally the worst part of our entire trip....and I use the word 'worst' very loosely. Found out it's wise to get to Daniel by 7 or 7:30 each morning to reserve chairs, so that's what we did and there were no issues the rest of our days.

We quickly settled in and found our way to the bar and then into the pool. Pro tip--- the chat group for each month was so helpful. It felt like we already knew slews of folks so we settled right in to conversations with 'old friends' and they helped us make new friends, etc. Since it was Friday, that meant Foam party. Great way to 'bump' into people and say hello! Fun was had by all. We then adjourned to the jacuzzi later in the day....meeting many couples along the way, some with hugs, some with hello kisses and some with straight up make-out sesh's. All acceptable in their various forms. We went hard all day (first day, hello...) and made it back to the room around 6. Woke around 8:30 and we were HANGRY. Thought it was time to cuddle, but food won out so we got ready quickly and got the buffet, which was fine. Anything would have been fine at that point. We dressed for Latin night and she looked AMAZING. Wow...lucky guy right here. The music wasn't exactly our thing, but we enjoyed meeting more folks. Went to the hot tub later and called it around 2am, not having played with anyone. A little disappointing in that regard, but that would change quickly....

Day 2-- the day Desire became Desire...
Won't bore with mundane details...more of the same with pool, meeting folks, flirting, having fun, making friends. Get to the hot tub and get next to some folks who happen to be from not far from where we are. Girls chat, maybe do some drinks off each others nipples and within 20 minutes we decide to take it back to our room where our Desire cherries were happily popped. Best thing...we hung with these sexy folks the rest of the trip and we'll be seeing much more of them in real life! That night we did dinner at the Asian place (I'm horrible with names). We didn't do the habachi, but the menu was perfect for us and our waiter (again with the names) was simply amazing. Gave him $20 for his service, which was a theme for us this trip. That night we go to the disco and we're having fun dancing together. A gal bumped into me (it was crowded)...no big deal. Then she starts kinda grinding up on me, so I turn around....we start dancing. 10 minutes later, playroom time for the first time and the four of us had fun. Hot tub again to follow and bed around 3am.

Day 3- day bed time at the jacuzzi...
We had met a couple the day before. Their first day and many drinks were had and the bell didnt' get answered for dinner or dancing. We enjoyed chatting w/them all day, so was good to see them again this morning where things heated up quite a bit. Again fast forward to the jacuzzi where the two gals enjoyed some much needed girl time with a friendly double end dildo and then us boys got to join in. Was a pretty fun scene! More fun that night at the disco and then back in the room with another very late night bed time.

We did spend the next day on the beach all day- so relaxing and peaceful, and at the same time, a bit more private for some adult fun. We wish we had done another day on the beach...but there's always next time.

Rambling here, so will wrap with some thoughts:
* Service was impeccable. I tipped at least $450 over the 5 days to various folks. That's not a brag in any way (and it might not have been enough...simply stating what we did). Bartenders were quick and happy to make drinks. Waiters and waitresses always friendly. Food staff was always there to take away plates and glasses. Very, very impressive. Luis at the bar stood out. Africa, on the beach as well. Super nice people. Twice for breakfast our waiter brought us personalized plates with our names and some desserts. Such a great touch of thanks...impressive.
* Loved the food in the asian place. Breakfast buffet was also very good. Snacks at night fit the bill...not great food but after partying, was yummy.
* The playmakers are very good at their jobs. Long hours and very active. Great dancers, great at getting people to interact, but not pushy.
* The shows at night...wow. Sexy. Great dancers. If that doesn't set the tone for the night, go elsewhere! Lots of fun to see people so good at their craft.
* We'd have fun together no matter what we do or where we go. The crowds help make it extra special. It's funny to see groups form, couples couple off together, etc. It's human nature. We had a more party crowd, and that fit us just fine. There wasn't one couple we didn't meet that we didn't enjoy meeting. Not one. Didn't mean we wanted to do naughty things with them, but it was nice to be around like-minded folks.
* Everyone we met was respectful of limits and asked before doing anything. Was refreshing to see.
* No pressure to do anything. Saw all types of people, all types of bodies. All were beautiful in their own way....incredibly sexy people.
* Did I mention the service was REALLY good?
* Made life-long friends with several couples. No doubt about that.
* Best part...I got to spend 5 days with my favorite person. We left our phones in the room, we did what we wanted, when we wanted and we didn't have a care in the world. And we'll do it again as soon as our schedules allow.

I'm sure I"m missing bunches, but if there's any questions, please ask. Thanks for reading.
Lifestyle couple for 7 years.
RM- 3/2019
RM- 8/2019
SashaandDavid
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2019

Re: Trip report March 8-13, 2019

Postby tj48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:38 pm

Awesome report thank you.
Kik nwty1 and nwty3
tj48
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 11 Mar 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie nwtycpl

Postby Hikercouple56 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:38 pm

Sounds like a great trip!
Hikercouple56
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 19 Aug 2020

Postby SassyJack » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:33 am

Mind if I ask where you stayed the night before your desire trip began? We are doing the same thing in April and have yet to decide where we'd like to stay the night before. Looked at everything from the Marriott by the airport to some places along the beach. Mainly just want to keep the cost down and get to the resort early the next day, but...beach would be nice too. :) Thanks!
SassyJack
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 0- 4-1919

Postby SashaandDavid » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:11 am

SassyJack wrote:Mind if I ask where you stayed the night before your desire trip began? We are doing the same thing in April and have yet to decide where we'd like to stay the night before. Looked at everything from the Marriott by the airport to some places along the beach. Mainly just want to keep the cost down and get to the resort early the next day, but...beach would be nice too. :) Thanks!

We stayed at the Marriott Cancun Resort. It was a good 30 minute drive to Desire the next morning, but the place was fabulous. Oceanfront with a huge pool and hot tub, great places to eat. Being a Marriott Titanium member, we used points and stayed for free, so couldn't beat the value. We had also arranged for travel from the airport to the Marriott and then Marriott to Cancun. Certainly closer, cheaper options but we decided to splurge a bit and very happy we did.
RM- 3/2019
RM- 8/2019
SashaandDavid
Desire Convert

Postby tannaked » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:41 pm

Hello SashaandDavid,

We were there the same time as you, I am sure we met but I am incredibly bad with names; we were the obvious Canadians at the pool.

Your trip report is spot on, you nailed it in every respect. Thanks for sharing the highlights. One question - have you booked your next trip yet?

Hope to meet you again at our favorite vacation place.

Ritch and Diane :CAN
Couples T I 6 trips
C R C 7 trips
Hidden Beach 1 trip
Desire Riviera Maya 38 trips
still in love
tannaked
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Postby SashaandDavid » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:49 pm

tannaked wrote:Hello SashaandDavid,

We were there the same time as you, I am sure we met but I am incredibly bad with names; we were the obvious Canadians at the pool.

Your trip report is spot on, you nailed it in every respect. Thanks for sharing the highlights. One question - have you booked your next trip yet?

Hope to meet you again at our favorite vacation place.

Ritch and Diane :CAN

Ritch-
We absolutely met you both, several times. We ate across from each other one lunch while Diane noshed on her salad. And we chatted several other times, but yes, many folks to meet and hard to keep track. You guys are awesome and it was a pleasure to meet you both.

And we're looking at dates now for our next adventure!
RM- 3/2019
RM- 8/2019
SashaandDavid
Desire Convert

Postby marklu » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:08 pm

SassyJack wrote:Mind if I ask where you stayed the night before your desire trip began? We are doing the same thing in April and have yet to decide where we'd like to stay the night before. Looked at everything from the Marriott by the airport to some places along the beach. Mainly just want to keep the cost down and get to the resort early the next day, but...beach would be nice too. :) Thanks!

We stay at the Comfort Inn Aeropuerto. Its about 55 usd per night and the resort shuttle picks us up there and it is about a 15 minute ride to DRM.
marklu
Desire Devotee

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 15 Aug 2021

Postby dave&jayne » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:13 am

Great post guys, we haven't been for many years and the place still appears to be rockin.
dave&jayne

We are from: UK
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby goldfish1 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:47 pm

We have often stayed at super cheap hotels in downtown PM. Cheap, but clean. Hotel Arrecifes Suites - currently 35 bucks a night, Hotel el Moro currently 60 bucks a night. If you get in late, best to not waste 500 bucks to just sleep at Desire. Stay at a cheap place downtown, experience the local food (which is great) and then hit Desire first thing in the morning.

FYI we have also stayed in downtown Playa Del Carmen to switch things up. The night scene is pretty good there...although much more tourist-like then PM
goldfish1
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Oct 2017

Postby Gemini Rose » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:40 am

We stayed at Hacienda Morelos in PM for 4 nights prior to DP last year. We're staying there again this year for 3 nights after DRM. Clean, reasonably priced, our room has always included breakfast, ocean view and close to some really good restaurants. We arrange a round trip transfer with USA for the airport and take a taxi between the lodging.
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby dyamex » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Hello we will be in April in the DRM we will arrive a day before, we will sleep one night in Puerto Morelos we rent a place in AirB&B so that the next day we move to the DRM to enjoy
SDC: JASMINYSEBASTIA
Swingliving: jasminysebas
dyamex
Desire Fan

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 03 Apr 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby werfun » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:16 pm

After traveling over night we arrive in Cancun around 11am. So we go direct to Desire to start our vacation. Get something to eat then to the spa to strip. Pool next for drinks and to meet old friends. As tired as well may feel, it must be that being at Desire takes away any tiredness we have. We keep moving until about 8pm then crash for some much need sleep. If we arrived late in the afternoon we would also spend the night in another hotel and get to Desire early the next day to fully enjoy the Desire effect to the fullest. We travel over night for 12 hours and neither of us can really sleep on planes so we are tired when we arrive but again Once we check in any tiredness is gone for the rest of the day. That is what being at Desires does to visitors.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby dave&jayne » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi werfun

We know how you fell, we travel from Uk 10 hours and then have a 6 hour time difference.. LOL
dave&jayne

We are from: UK
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby jj555 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:29 pm

Awesome detail.

You mentioned the beach. How was the seaweed? A lot? Could you swim and layout or was smell too strong?
jj555
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Jul 2017

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya