Unaccompanied men at the hot tub

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Unaccompanied men at the hot tub

Postby Greatcpl » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:15 pm

That is exactly the right thing to do! I even leave if my wife goes to get a massage.
Kasadie: Greatazcpl
Greatcpl
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 23 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Postby Calicouple69 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:00 pm

We will have to mildly disagree here. Just because a guys wife or SO isn't with him doesn't make him a creep. I have found myself at the hot tub bar while my wife is taking a nap, or getting ready. That being said, by the end of our first day there we've always met up with many friends both old and new, so it's a common place to hang out, chat and catch up. As long as a guy isn't lurking, gawking or being inappropriate, what's the problem?
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby Explorer79 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:36 am

I generally wouldn't go up there solo without a group, and have never gone up without my wife, but I'm sure I've been up there while my wife is at the bar and I'm in the hot tub with friends or vice versa, or maybe one of us went the room for a bit to get something or whatever. As long as everyone behaves then who relay cares.

From the other angle I'm certainly not keeping tabs waiting to call out a red alert if there are not an even number of people in there. Maybe some do this? To me, if a man or a woman are being creepy then that's bad of course, and we've seen both sexes do it, but it is because of an observed act, not because of numbers.

So, you make a very good point. Think about it from the guy's perspective, you are up there bothering nobody yet you have people looking at you thinking you are a weirdo/creep or whatever, a horrible false accusation and not because you've done anything creepy at all but merely because of your existence. That just sucks.

I don't like this notion of ostracizing because someone has the potential be a creep, because news flash this is the case anywhere in the resort, and while our observed number of creeper instances is very low we've seen it more in the other areas actually.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:46 am

Obviously there are cases where one half of a couple might end up in the pool or hot tub without their partner. The only time we'd really have a problem with it is if the solo person is being creepy or not observing rules. One situation that certainly caught our attention last time was a guy that seemed to almost ALWAYS end up in the hot tub without his partner. She was perpetually "resting". Meanwhile, he hit on everyone he could. Not going to lifestyle shame, because that may indeed be their arrangement, but it certainly took a turn into creepy territory as it continued to happen day after day.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby tikihutguy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:22 pm

Calicouple69 wrote:We will have to mildly disagree here. Just because a guys wife or SO isn't with him doesn't make him a creep. I have found myself at the hot tub bar while my wife is taking a nap, or getting ready.

Ditto that. I've enjoyed the view of the Gulf from the hot tub bar at happy hour while awaiting the wife and met a number of great couples! All fun and I do think you can know early on who the creeps are whether alone or with
SO. ;)
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby TandD » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:51 am

I have to agree with the previous few posts. I think going out of your way to *not* appear creepy by banishing yourself to your room or some corner somewhere is a bit over the top.

While I'm sure people appreciate that a person recognizes he needs to behave properly and not be a creepy single, I don't think anyone minds the mere presence of a person without his SO.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby werfun » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:28 pm

After reading 3 pages about this I have come to think that is a case of double standard. Most believe that is all right for a single women to be at the hot tub but any single male is just creepy. A lot of males ( no matter their age) act like teen age boys when they see a nude women and any common sense fly's out the window. Again a lot of men think that they are GODS gift to women and no women could resist them so the make a complete asses out of them selves by not taking NO as an answer, They seem to believe that the more they pester they will win. Just to be fair we have seen some women act the same way. Who cares if a single male comes to the hot tub as long as they are being polite and just talking to others. Just our 2 cents worth.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby latinos28 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:51 pm

I find this one a bit interesting when I seen a few threads in this forum of couples looking for a male or female to joined them on a fantasy. I believe that everyone deserves a chance and I also believe that nobody needs to take any kind of rude behavior.

If you see an unaccompanied male or female give them the same opportunity you just never know they can be that third wheel many of you been looking for or they might have a fine looking partner that was just a little to tired to come out and you never know it can be your next hook up. But on the flip don’t feel obligated to detached your self from any uncomfortable situations

Our 2 cents
SDC: mexcpl1
Kasadie:mexcpl1
Kik: beachtrvl
latinos28
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 23 Oct 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby curiousexotic » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:30 pm

We could care less. We are all adults “Mostly”, and sometimes either one of us might be taking a nap or waiting alone to meet up with friends. Doesn’t mean we have to ignore where the fun is and sit in solitary until we are both ready.
curiousexotic
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 13 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby RJOC » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:44 pm

curiousexotic wrote:We could care less. We are all adults “Mostly”, and sometimes either one of us might be taking a nap or waiting alone to meet up with friends. Doesn’t mean we have to ignore where the fun is and sit in solitary until we are both ready.

We agree! Just because you're by yourself doesn't mean you're "creepy." As long as you're acting appropriately I don't have a problem with a single person being there. We may even ask you to join us in the conversation or join us in some fun...
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya