Jacuzzi bed courtesy

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Jacuzzi bed courtesy

Postby SouthCarolinaCpl » Mon May 06, 2019 12:12 pm

There are many posts on this forum about jacuzzi bed etiquette, but I don’t think this can be stated enough: jacuzzi beds are not there for your personal nap time. Just returned from a trip to Desire Pearl at the end of April and the use of Jacuzzi beds was nothing short of ridiculous and the worst we have ever seen.

First of all, running up to the jacuzzi before 1 pm in the afternoon and throwing a flip flop on a bed to “reserve” it for your use once the jacuzzi opens is disrespectful of your fellow guests. This happened every day on multiple beds during our last stay. By the time we left the pool for the jacuzzi at 4 pm typically, the beds were all taken, but not by couples doing anything “active”.

Second, looking out from the jacuzzi to 10 beds all full with their occupants soundly asleep (complete with mouths hanging open) or on cell phones (aimed at the jacuzzi nonetheless) completely ruins the sexy vibe of the jacuzzi. If you don’t have the stamina to hang, go back to your room and take a nap rather than keeping others from playing and being seen or others from watching.

We didn’t have a single chance for afternoon sex in the beds this trip due to these factors, which was really disappointing. I don’t know what the solution is, but I threatened to stand on the center island in the jacuzzi and make a public service announcement along the lines of “May I have your attention please: If you are not currently having sex, or about to have sex, please get the f*ck out of the beds!”

Maybe it was a bad week, but it didn’t use to be this bad 3-4 years ago.

/rant off
SouthCarolinaCpl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Apr 2024

Re: Jacuzzi bed courtesy

Postby barebuns » Mon May 06, 2019 4:36 pm

That is most unfortunate. We haven't been back for a few years but it sounds like not much has changed. We have politely asked people to give up the bed if they are simply laying on it so we can put it to proper use. Some people get a little miffed but that's their issue. 10 beds now? That is good to hear.
Desire Pearl Aug 2014, Feb 2015, Aug 2015, Aug 2016,
Desire RM July 2016
SMI April 2017
HEDO II June 2017
TTR March 2018
HEDO II Oct 2019
barebuns
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby RJOC » Mon May 06, 2019 4:57 pm

The times we've been to Peal, we haven't had much of an issue with this, but we have observed people sleeping on the beds on occasion, but there were always beds available.

We have had a foursome next to us going at it for a period of time, and when they were done they lit up cigarettes - we asked them to put them out or move elsewhere, and they complied (albeit with attitude).

p.s. to Barebuns: love your avatar (you're a lucky man).
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby Explorer79 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:21 pm

This only fuels my (at this time only a) suspicion that we are in the midst of a demographics shift. Not that I'm presenting any grand evidence, but I'm starting to see more things with respect to the way people act that is commonplace in the vanilla world that you used to not really find so much at Desire which has been one of the great things about it. For us, the most recent trip and the first trip 3 years ago were pretty different experiences crowd wise. Of course, very small data set with 6 trips, so who knows. Hopefully I'm way wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if ultimately the experience turns out to be one of those "back in the old days..." kinds of things. I would love to get some takes on how it is different 5-10 years ago than it is now.

It seems plausible to me that the more taboo and secret it is the better the time to be had, or put another way, while some have said "the more the merrier, hope Desire continues to grow and get more popular" but it can also be one of those be careful what you wish for situations. Time will tell...
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Darin & Melissa » Mon May 06, 2019 5:37 pm

RJOC wrote:The times we've been to Peal, we haven't had much of an issue with this, but we have observed people sleeping on the beds on occasion, but there were always beds available.

We have had a foursome next to us going at it for a period of time, and when they were done they lit up cigarettes - we asked them to put them out or move elsewhere, and they complied (albeit with attitude).

p.s. to Barebuns: love your avatar (you're a lucky man).

We are very glad that they made a smoking area. It’s great for us non smokers. People were very respectful and used it.

In October they had signs on the bed stating basically to not reserve them that they are for playing. But people just moved the signs and stayed on them anyway.
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby barebuns » Mon May 06, 2019 7:41 pm

RJOC wrote:p.s. to Barebuns: love your avatar (you're a lucky man).

Thanks. She reminds me everyday. :lol:
Desire Pearl Aug 2014, Feb 2015, Aug 2015, Aug 2016,
Desire RM July 2016
SMI April 2017
HEDO II June 2017
TTR March 2018
HEDO II Oct 2019
barebuns
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby klak » Mon May 06, 2019 10:21 pm

If said behavior happens during my trip, be prepared for being awoken by at least the sounds of moans and groans next to you. We will share but if you’re being disrespectful, you won’t participate when we wake you.
klak
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2020

Postby TandJ » Tue May 07, 2019 12:56 am

We had the displeasure to watch a group of 4 maybe late 20's basically take up 2 jacuzzi beds for the last few days of our stay.

Full bikinis and swimsuits, guys in boardies & shirts, full makeup, jewelery, cell phones (which they were constantly on) & yes, even a laptop, with the camera pointed square to the middle of the hottub.

They never got in once, no mingling, no conversation, no drinking, no nothing. No idea why they would want to stay at a desire resort.
Kik: tandj_aus
TandJ

We are from: Australia
We arrive on: 25 Sep 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: RedHotPie

Postby rdhdbarbie » Tue May 07, 2019 1:57 pm

TandJ wrote:We had the displeasure to watch a group of 4 maybe late 20's basically take up 2 jacuzzi beds for the last few days of our stay.

Full bikinis and swimsuits, guys in boardies & shirts, full makeup, jewelery, cell phones (which they were constantly on) & yes, even a laptop, with the camera pointed square to the middle of the hottub.

They never got in once, no mingling, no conversation, no drinking, no nothing. No idea why they would want to stay at a desire resort.

WHAT?!!! At that point, I'm asking a staff member to address the issue immediately! I have seen a lot of cell phones/tablets, etc. used (not typically at the jacuzzi though) but the individuals have been courteous enough to ensure that it was obvious that they were reading and NOT trying to photograph/film anything.
rdhdbarbie
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 May 2023

Postby Mr48983 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:54 am

SouthCarolinaCpl wrote:.....We didn’t have a single chance for afternoon sex in the beds this trip due to these factors, which was really disappointing. I don’t know what the solution is, but I threatened to stand on the center island in the jacuzzi and make a public service announcement along the lines of “May I have your attention please: If you are not currently having sex, or about to have sex, please get the f*ck out of the beds!”

Maybe it was a bad week, but it didn’t use to be this bad 3-4 years ago.

/rant off

I gave the public service announcement last year after a couple who had nothing on the one bed open but towels jumped out of the jacuzzi to “claim their bed”. One of them sat on the bed refusing to move. The four of us sat on the edge of the hot tub for half an hour while they continued not using it and all the others were occupied by people sleeping. Anyway I frustratingly made the PSA. Didn’t go over well LOL...security was called and we got out of there. Was leaving the next day anyway and the tequila talked me into it.
Mr48983
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 09 Apr 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby happycpl » Tue May 14, 2019 5:54 am

Last time we were at Pearl they had signs on the beds stating to not reserve. Of course everyone ignored them and while were in Jacuzzi they were all covered in personal items. There was a bit of conversation between people in Jacuzzi about it, seems no one claimed the clothing, so one gentleman went around and removed everything so we could use one of the beds.
KIK
happycpl3369
happycpl143
happycpl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 03 Sep 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:23 pm

It amazes me how someone could not understand this obvious concept, especially at the jacuzzi, where the setup pretty clearly is geared towards not just lounging on the beds in the midst of what otherwise is essentially a sexual social mecca every afternoon. I think the last thing that would ever occur to me is to make a point to go there and commandeer a bed to horde.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby jandr2u » Wed May 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Explorer79 wrote:It amazes me how someone could not understand this obvious concept, especially at the jacuzzi, where the setup pretty clearly is geared towards not just lounging on the beds in the midst of what otherwise is essentially a sexual social mecca every afternoon. I think the last thing that would ever occur to me is to make a point to go there and commandeer a bed to horde.

Understand, but I am no longer amazed at how self-absorbed people have become. I'm not even talking about people that are, "Out to get theirs.", but folks that are so internally focused and so much walking around in their own little world inside their own little bubble that they fail to see anything outside of themselves or how their behavior impacts others. I pray that I'm not blind to that in myself.

Anyway, that's way too depressing. Let's get naked.
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/15-22 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
jandr2u
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Explorer79 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:37 pm

I wonder if/how this relates to my shifting demographics hypothesis. There has to be some reason that we've seen stuff like this increase over the last few years. Of course it could just be circumstance, or maybe we were just blind to it early on, but there could be more to it as well. In any case we will be collecting more personal data come October. Maybe we will horde a bed then invite everyone in :D
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby Swohnewbie » Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 pm

On the plus side, this only really seems to be the issue between 4pm and 6pm. Everything seemed to clear out then and have never noticed any other over crowding issues. In fact, show up at the jacuzzi between 8:00pm and 10:00pm, and there’s a good chance you could use ALL the beds. And the hot tub. The bartenders will even make themselves scarce without asking.

That being said - why would anyone sleep at the hot tub during happy hour? I guess I understand the voyeurs camping for a show, but ANYWHERE would be better for napping than the hot tub happy hour.

IMHO - if you enjoy napping in the middle of a party, please go easy on me in your reply.
Swohnewbie
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Mar 2018

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl