Mansion Suites

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Mansion Suites

Postby tomandlacey » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi All,

Any idea how to book the mansion suites for Pearl? The Calendar has them available but the website doesn't seem to offer yet...

Any idea on the costs?
tomandlacey
Desire Convert

We are from: Australia
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 16 Dec 2019

Re: Manson Suites

Postby Funallnight » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:59 pm

I am pretty sure that you have to buy a mansion membership to book the mansion.
Funallnight
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Mansion Suites

Postby CokeMann » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:51 pm

They may show up on the calendar but won't be available until they show up on the Desire Pearl public booking engine when they are completed much later this year.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Sexynfuncpl69 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:10 pm

Passion suites in Feb 16k for 5 night the Royality Suite going for 5 nights it’s 21k and waitlisted.
Once to Tempations
Once to Desire RM
Sexynfuncpl69

We arrive on: 16 Jul 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby walkonthebeach » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:41 pm

We were told last week you need to buy in to book - they won't be available to the general public like other rooms are. Who knows if that will be true??
We do know that had we bought in we could have booked last week.
walkonthebeach
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 27 Jun 2022

Postby CokeMann » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:37 pm

walkonthebeach wrote:We were told last week you need to buy in to book - they won't be available to the general public like other rooms are.

:ROLF
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby werfun » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:37 am

At those rates we will stay in a regular room 5 or 6 times with all the other common folks.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:16 pm

walkonthebeach wrote:We were told last week you need to buy in to book - they won't be available to the general public like other rooms are. Who knows if that will be true??

Sounds like they really needed YOU to buy in.

As I understand it (key point here), I still really don't get who this this concept would be appealing to at all. Let's go to a resort that is all about socializing with a large group of people so that we can then tuck ourselves away in isolation from the commoners. For LOTS of $$$. The resorts themselves are essentially worthless without the people, how many would go to Desire if you took the social aspect away? Part of the attraction is the nudity "great equalizer", you could be talking to a CEO or a construction worker, doesn't really matter. Awesome.

If I were going to do this mansion thing, for that kind of money, I think I'd instead rent a yacht for a week with a select few like minded couples. That's how you high roll.

Imagine paying all that money to be in the mansion with the exclusives only to find out you aren't really that exclusive and not a match with whoever else happens to be there. Great, welcome to your own private island.

What am I missing here? If any are actually interested in this, what are the specific things that you find attractive about it?
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby warmwaves » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:03 pm

Explorer79 wrote:
walkonthebeach wrote:We were told last week you need to buy in to book - they won't be available to the general public like other rooms are. Who knows if that will be true??

Sounds like they really needed YOU to buy in.

As I understand it (key point here), I still really don't get who this this concept would be appealing to at all. Let's go to a resort that is all about socializing with a large group of people so that we can then tuck ourselves away in isolation from the commoners. For LOTS of $$$. The resorts themselves are essentially worthless without the people, how many would go to Desire if you took the social aspect away? Part of the attraction is the nudity "great equalizer", you could be talking to a CEO or a construction worker, doesn't really matter. Awesome.

If I were going to do this mansion thing, for that kind of money, I think I'd instead rent a yacht for a week with a select few like minded couples. That's how you high roll.

Imagine paying all that money to be in the mansion with the exclusives only to find out you aren't really that exclusive and not a match with whoever else happens to be there. Great, welcome to your own private island.

What am I missing here? If any are actually interested in this, what are the specific things that you find attractive about it?

:L :L
warmwaves
Desire Lover

Postby werfun » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Have to agree with Explorer about this. All most all couples go to Desire to mingle with others of a like mindset. Why spend that much to go to meet others only to be separated from others. As we said in our earlier post we would rather go on 5 or 6 trips to Desire then just one trip and be separated from other guest. We go to Desire to socialize with others not to be in our own location away from others.
Just a side comment along the same line, Last year we went to the Royal Decameron Los Cabos(former Desire Los Cabos) with friends. The resort changed their format to a two tier pricing, regular rate and what they call the plus rate that separate's the regular room guest from the plus guest in eating and pool areas (the old Desire spa is now only plus guest with upgraded drinks). Us regular guest were at the regular pool having a great time and the plus members came down to be with us as the pool for the plus members was dead, no visiting or interaction with each other.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby westcpl » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:46 am

werfun wrote:Have to agree with Explorer about this. All most all couples go to Desire to mingle with others of a like mindset. Why spend that much to go to meet others only to be separated from others. As we said in our earlier post we would rather go on 5 or 6 trips to Desire then just one trip and be separated from other guest. We go to Desire to socialize with others not to be in our own location away from others.
Just a side comment along the same line, Last year we went to the Royal Decameron Los Cabos(former Desire Los Cabos) with friends. The resort changed their format to a two tier pricing, regular rate and what they call the plus rate that separate's the regular room guest from the plus guest in eating and pool areas (the old Desire spa is now only plus guest with upgraded drinks). Us regular guest were at the regular pool having a great time and the plus members came down to be with us as the pool for the plus members was dead, no visiting or interaction with each other.

Is it a clothing optional site?
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Postby werfun » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:31 pm

No Royal Decameron is not a c/o resort. We believe that the Hyatt Resort built next door being higher with several outside halls over looking the pool had a lot to do with it becoming a regular resort. When we can't get to Desire we like to go to Royal Decameron for short trips as it gives us a chance to visit with staff that we meet when the site was DLC and we glade to say that they are just as friendly and helpful as they were when it was DLC. True its no way like Desire but for short get away' it is great. Still haven't found a c/o resort in cabo but we keep looking.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:05 am

Hopefully they are telling the truth about having to buy in to stay at the Mansion suites, but we aren't holding our breath. We were told the same thing in January and in June.

They have horribly oversold the Desire Suites at RM because they are available to members and non-members alike. You'd hope they would learn their lesson but I tend to doubt it.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:01 pm

Not sure what lesson they would have to learn? By oversold do you mean that it's hard for people to get into the suites because they are always full, or do you mean oversold as in people booked but show up and it's taken by someone else?

In the case of the latter, that would be very bad and unwise.

In the case of the former, wouldn't that be exactly their ultimate goal, to have every room sold out always?

Why would they ever choose a path that sells less?

There are many complaints about them, but trying to sell the most amount of rooms can't be one of them, I mean that's exactly the point of the business.

If they were to make the Mansion thing members only, if they don't get enough people to buy in then they have built this expensive facility only for it to bet sitting empty so of course they will open it up to others. Why would they ever choose that path?

If they can sell max memberships and keep it full (or at least have the membership money + booking money outweigh what they could get from allowing anyone to book), that would be their first choice.

I think the hopefully part from your perspective and theirs are diametrically opposed.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:28 am

The issue is that inventory is sorely limited and it's a PITA to people that bought in at that level. For example, we checked dates over the course of 5 possible weeks to visit this summer - we checked a total of 40 nights. The Desire Suites were available for 2 nights out of 40. And that was looking 4-6 months ahead. We booked our trip to RM in January 2019 five months in advance and those suites were only available for about half of our trip. It's great that they are popular - it's poor that they aren't available to those that bought in. We booked our trip to RM in January 2020 eleven months in advance in order to assure we can enjoy our vacation without changing rooms (possibly multiple times).

The mansion suites as described to us consist of 6 units, four smaller units and two larger ones. How far in advance do you have to book in order to be able to use one of those 2 large suites? Especially after buying in at that level?

The "lesson" if you will is that selling more nights than you have available is bad business in the long run. We have spoken to other "Villa" members and they share the same dissatisfaction. Desire has pledged to build more units to address the problem that they created in the first place. We will never buy in again at the Desire Suite or Mansion level given our poor experience to date actually being able to use our nights.

Explorer79 wrote:Not sure what lesson they would have to learn? By oversold do you mean that it's hard for people to get into the suites because they are always full, or do you mean oversold as in people booked but show up and it's taken by someone else?

In the case of the latter, that would be very bad and unwise.

In the case of the former, wouldn't that be exactly their ultimate goal, to have every room sold out always?

Why would they ever choose a path that sells less?

There are many complaints about them, but trying to sell the most amount of rooms can't be one of them, I mean that's exactly the point of the business.

If they were to make the Mansion thing members only, if they don't get enough people to buy in then they have built this expensive facility only for it to bet sitting empty so of course they will open it up to others. Why would they ever choose that path?

If they can sell max memberships and keep it full (or at least have the membership money + booking money outweigh what they could get from allowing anyone to book), that would be their first choice.

I think the hopefully part from your perspective and theirs are diametrically opposed.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl